insurance refusing to paint

DizzyP

Reaction score
You can sue the insurance company due to "Bad Faith Insurance Claim". Basically it when you feel insurance should cover a claim but they refuse. Just Google it with your city and find a lawyer that deals with it. Most lawyer do the "You don't pay unless we win." type deals. Also for the shop to start work before the claim is approved seems kinda shady. Basically at that point they are holding your car hostage until payment. If they are unwilling to be reasonable the. They can be sued too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flowhard

Reaction score
You can sue the insurance company due to "Bad Faith Insurance Claim". Basically it when you feel insurance should cover a claim but they refuse. Just Google it with your city and find a lawyer that deals with it. Most lawyer do the "You don't pay unless we win." type deals. Also for the shop to start work before the claim is approved seems kinda shady. Basically at that point they are holding your car hostage until payment. If they are unwilling to be reasonable the. They can be sued too.

I've already gone through a settlement with the insurance company and the estimate was approved before they started work, its just they didn't include work in the estimate. My sister works as a paralegal for a law firm that does business law and they said it wouldn't have been worth it. I have my car back and I'm gettinga check for my sound system so I'm just past it all now. Thanks for the info though.

f20bcg3

Reaction score
I have my car back and I'm gettinga check for my sound system so I'm just past it all now.

It aint over till the fat lady sings ( fat lady being you have the check for the EXACT cost of a replacement system)

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

flowhard

Reaction score
It aint over till the fat lady sings ( fat lady being you have the check for the EXACT cost of a replacement system)

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

Oh yeah exactly, I'm not counting the chickens before the eggs hatch just yet, I'm staying on them about it though

DizzyP

Reaction score
So what had had happened up in here? Did you get all your chickens hatched? I got a situation situated where detail shop burn through my clear coat and paint is obviously becoming exposed to elements and getting all jacked up. Insurance not willing to pony up on claim so possible going to court.

flowhard

Reaction score
So what had had happened up in here? Did you get all your chickens hatched? I got a situation situated where detail shop burn through my clear coat and paint is obviously becoming exposed to elements and getting all jacked up. Insurance not willing to pony up on claim so possible going to court.

Yeah, i got straightened up. Except i haven't received payment for my sound system.
That's stupid how people can't simply do there job without screwing it up, if you can prove it wasn't like that before they should fess up, but if not file with bbb and do what you have to do to get it fixed. I learned i don't need to be quiet about that crap anymore.

slowaccord

Reaction score
i predicted you would get stiffed on the audio as soon as i read it was stolen. you would be LUCKY if they pay u half of what it cost. people steal **** out of cars in shops all the time. If any car left in our shop had anything missing, id review tapes and figure out which employee did it. Make them return it or withhold paychecks, and press charges if need be. Forget ruining a shops rep over a scumbag employee when 10% of good people can't find a job

flowhard

Reaction score
i predicted you would get stiffed on the audio as soon as i read it was stolen. you would be LUCKY if they pay u half of what it cost. people steal **** out of cars in shops all the time. If any car left in our shop had anything missing, id review tapes and figure out which employee did it. Make them return it or withhold paychecks, and press charges if need be. Forget ruining a shops rep over a scumbag employee when 10% of good people can't find a job
The manager said he filed a report and is investigating it but ih gave yet to hear if anyone got caught and i never talked to police. He said he sent the claim to corporate but it's been 3 weeks and i went back there last week to check in and he wasn't there. I plan to call tomorrow and demand answers. I've also been talking to my sister and her boss about what i could do if they try to push me away or reuse to pay (she is a paralegal for business law and her boss is obviously an attorney for business law) i really don't want it to get to that point because i don't have that kind of time. But i guess I'll find out tomorrow and i will ask him this time if anything has been discovered or done to catch the low life employee that works there that stole it.

slowaccord

Reaction score
The manager said he filed a report and is investigating it but ih gave yet to hear if anyone got caught and i never talked to police. He said he sent the claim to corporate but it's been 3 weeks and i went back there last week to check in and he wasn't there. I plan to call tomorrow and demand answers. I've also been talking to my sister and her boss about what i could do if they try to push me away or reuse to pay (she is a paralegal for business law and her boss is obviously an attorney for business law) i really don't want it to get to that point because i don't have that kind of time. But i guess I'll find out tomorrow and i will ask him this time if anything has been discovered or done to catch the low life employee that works there that stole it.

getting a lawyer involved or going to court is a LOSS for both parties involved almost everytime. At best you would be lucky to get what the stuff was actually worth. You get nothing for all the lost hours where you would have been making money. Plus after the lawyer get's his cut it will be a net loss to you.

this maggot is gonna string you along and I would not doubt if he was in on the whole thing. Stuff does not just get stolen from shops. It's clear his employees are morons and don't respect him or his business.

No joke this is the type of BS people get shot and stabbed over.

Back