Intake filters

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
well i bought an ebay sri that came with a filter. i was lazy and just kept the filter it came with, and i've driven the car for about 3000miles now everything seems ok and it looks like its doing its job. anyone wanna point out if my engine will blow up in a week or something? is it a really big deal that i havent changed the filter?

simplicity

Reaction score
well i bought an ebay sri that came with a filter. i was lazy and just kept the filter it came with, and i've driven the car for about 3000miles now everything seems ok and it looks like its doing its job. anyone wanna point out if my engine will blow up in a week or something? is it a really big deal that i havent changed the filter?

Generally, these filters last forever, you don't have to replace them unless they break (like mine did)

However, it is recommended to clean them once in a while, I recharged every other oil change with the K&N filter recharge kit, you can get one for around $12 at your local auto parts store.

yellowfever

Reaction score
honestly just washing them out real good is just fine and if you wanna oil it then thats fine too, it doesnt matter that it didnt come oiled like the K&N ones its the same concept. If you want to oil it just pick up the kit and oil it you cant hurt anything unless you over over do it.

Back