Intake Manifold Question

SuperMidget

Reaction score
2002 Accord SE Sedan

I want to upgrade the breathe-ability of my stock f23a1 by swappin the whole intake system with wider passage parts. (or will i just need to swap the throttle body? any comments?)

I just don't know where to look... i've searched the forum and the net, but i would like to know where to start-what will fit, works the best etc

And obv i'm swapin to tuned exhaust headers.. not doing so would be pointless

Thanks! Cheers

Last edited:

Crono139

Reaction score
Intake of your choice
Bored stock TB
Ported stock IM

Done.

SuperMidget

Reaction score
wurd.

thanks bro for the quick reply. i'd like to do as much as i can myself, but i'm thinkin of sendin the TB away for boring. unless anyone recommends DIY?

SuperMidget

Reaction score
but port + polish i think i can diy... dad showed me a few times on his old 350 +455 block
what say you?

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
maxbore is the way to go...we had a guy about 3 months ago who talked about dremeling his TB, hahaha...DON'T DO IT.!!! Anyone else remember that guy..

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Haha yeah was that guy's name TurboAV6??? LOL.

Get it professionally done. I wouldn't even get it done in the first place unless you have a massive turbo pushing more air than the stock manifold can handle. Any efforts without supporting modification may prove to be futile, or even detrimental if running the stock ECU untuned.

And obv i'm swapin to tuned exhaust headers.. not doing so would be pointless
Thanks! Cheers

I don't think headers can be tuned by the way, they are made once and are non-adjustable.. What's tuned is your engine and the way it burns fuel at a given mechanical specification called timing.

OP, I'd start with some bolt-ons and cosmetic mods for now, then get the mods you are planning after you have the engine setup to support them.

Last edited:
Back