Intake Problem

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
Alrighty so heres my issue, when the engine has a WOT, the intake is very deep and loud. Louder than a normal after market intake should be. Once my car gets up to about 5k rpms it seems like its running mega lean because the tachometer barely moves.

I have had a CEL for high voltage for the secondary sensor. Running lean in bank 1. Fuel trim error bank 1. So far after reseting the CEL light it hasnt come back on yet....

I need help car is sucking on gas and the intake is annoying me.

thanks in advance :peace:

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Might be mass air flow sensor. This happened to my buddies celica. Got a new sensor and was good as new. BTW what does WOT mean?

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
bad filter? maybe, im a noob lol i only figure stuff out if i see it in person :rofl:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well...why not try diagnosing why its running lean, get a Haynes. Our cars dont have MAF sensors.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
Okay so the exhaust is SUPER hot. :furious:
On top of that, my cat is rattling o_O
And not to mention if I rev the engine in idle at about 3.5k rpms I can hear air being pushed out from where I have a head gasket leak.

My friends and I are shoot our diagnostics at a clogged cat......but idk how that would make the intake loud and even throw off a CEL o_O

jwong512

Reaction score
Okay so the exhaust is SUPER hot. :furious:
On top of that, my cat is rattling o_O
And not to mention if I rev the engine in idle at about 3.5k rpms I can hear air being pushed out from where I have a head gasket leak.

My friends and I are shoot our diagnostics at a clogged cat......but idk how that would make the intake loud and even throw off a CEL o_O

A clogged cat is a possibility. The sensor senses that the cat is clogged and not enough air is getting out of the exhaust so it's trying to suck in more air to push it out. Either that or your IM/TB is clogged to the point where not enough airflow is getting through but I would consider that your second problem. I would say the header might be clogged but a header is designed to have a high amount of carbon go through them so I doubt that would be the cause.

Back