Integra Type R Brakes

jwong512

Reaction score
I was doing some research on some bigger rotors for our Accords without getting a BBK as those are insanely expensive. I noticed that the Integra Type R is a 4 lug and has a slightly bigger rotor and thicker rotors than the Accords do. If I remember correctly the stock size front rotors are around 10.2 in and I'm unsure about the rear.

The specs for the Integra Type R rotors are 11.1 in front and 10.2 in rear.
http://www.itrsport.com/specifications.html

I was wondering if I purchased the rotors and brake pads brand new, if it would bolt right on without any modifications.

Drift

Reaction score
I'm running V6 calipers, (ITR, NSX, Legand all work too) and 95 VTEC Prelude rotors. They are 11.1" and 4 lug.

I pad about $250 for everything. Its the cheapest BBK you can get IMO. Everything bolts right on without any modifications.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I thought when plus sizing rotors you had to replace the bracket to move the caliper out so it could accommodate the larger diameter rotor?

I would think the Prelude rotor would fit inside his stock wheel though.

jwong512

Reaction score
I'm planning on running the stock 15's alloys. It should still be fine right? I was doing some research and some people said that the V6 calipers needed to be shaved a little? But that was for Integra's and Civic's I believe so I am unsure about Accord's and just wanted to double check. If all goes well, this does seem like a very cheap BBK for the fronts and rears for the price.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Since you have a 4 lug setup, the Prelude rotors may not be an option, I'm not sure if the 4 lug 'Lude rotors were bigger than the Accord.

Your best bet may be the Integra rotors, or you can do a 5 lug swap, which also opens up options for you as far as rims are concerned.

There are also cheaper BBK upgrades you can do with a 5 lug swap that involve using OEM BBK's.

jwong512

Reaction score
Since you have a 4 lug setup, the Prelude rotors may not be an option, I'm not sure if the 4 lug 'Lude rotors were bigger than the Accord.

Your best bet may be the Integra rotors, or you can do a 5 lug swap, which also opens up options for you as far as rims are concerned.

There are also cheaper BBK upgrades you can do with a 5 lug swap that involve using OEM BBK's.

Really? If I remember correctly, the older Prelude's have the same size rotors as the Integras. I was able to find Integra Type R Brembo blanks online at tirerack I believe. I believe the sizes were 11.1 inches front and 10.2 inches rear.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Really? If I remember correctly, the older Prelude's have the same size rotors as the Integras. I was able to find Integra Type R Brembo blanks online at tirerack I believe. I believe the sizes were 11.1 inches front and 10.2 inches rear.

I did a little search as well, and yes, the Lude and Integra have the same size rotors. Guess it's just a matter of which one you can get for less.

A 5 lug conversion isn't an option?

I know it's going to cost more, but if aftermarket rims are a part of your plans, there are more options in 4 lug, depending on what size rim you want to run.

jwong512

Reaction score
I did a little search as well, and yes, the Lude and Integra have the same size rotors. Guess it's just a matter of which one you can get for less.

A 5 lug conversion isn't an option?

I know it's going to cost more, but if aftermarket rims are a part of your plans, there are more options in 4 lug, depending on what size rim you want to run.

I was considering a 5 lug swap for awhile but in the end, I didn't want to spend that much on the Accord. Plus, it's hard to find parts and if you do, it will be much more expensive. I already have some 4 lug wheels that are ready so I don't mind upgrading my 4 lug setup :).

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I was considering a 5 lug swap for awhile but in the end, I didn't want to spend that much on the Accord. Plus, it's hard to find parts and if you do, it will be much more expensive. I already have some 4 lug wheels that are ready so I don't mind upgrading my 4 lug setup :).

Oh ok, then that makes sense, might as well stick with what works. ;)

I have come across the Type R brake swap done, it's been a long time, but I think it was on Honda Tech, so if you do a search on there, you should be able to find the necessary info.

Back