Interior Overhaul.....

1bad6

Reaction score
I know, the seat belts and the floor mats....

I am eventually going to get the Schroth black with gold lettering seatbelts in both seats to change out the seatbelts. Also buy the matching black matching floor mats too. Just stopped spending money on the interior and wanted to go for more power first.

I've got diamond plate metal floor mats for mine. Maybe something to consider.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
sorry if this is old.
but you bought the fabric for the door inserts and took them to a shop to have them stitch the diamonds in them? and got it home and cut the length and wrapped them? or took the inserts to the shop and have them do all that? or how does it work..sorry for alot of questions.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
sorry if this is old.
but you bought the fabric for the door inserts and took them to a shop to have them stitch the diamonds in them? and got it home and cut the length and wrapped them? or took the inserts to the shop and have them do all that? or how does it work..sorry for alot of questions.

I bought the fabric for the door inserts, took apart the door itself (so the door inserts were separate), cut the fabric to the size I needed and THEN brought it to the shop for them to do the diamond stitching.

I installed the front ones, but the rear ones took a little more work due to one edge is not able to be wrapped around and edge and hot glued on the back side. The rear ones have to be "shoved" more or less into a small groove and glued/adhesived into that groove. I felt that if i did those it wouldn't last as long so I had them install the fabric for me for a more guarantee in quality due to that groove....

Does that help at all? Let me know if you got any more questions.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
yea that makes since.thanks
possible for a price estimate i would be looking at for comparisons if i go get quotes?

hotaccord243

Reaction score
No problem.

I don't remember how much I paid but I wanna say $400 tops if you supply the fabric, cut it to size, supply the nylon thread, and take apart the doors yourself...

NotNice

Reaction score
i did the exact same thing but the honda green color. i order from the paint store. good job

hotaccord243

Reaction score
I'm sure somebody out there is wondering how this thing is holding up over the past 2 years+ after completing this project....

The front door cards, center console, headliner/sunroof, and rear deck are all holding up just like the day I finished the project just using the hot glue and 3M super 77 adhesive combination. This is because there are plenty of other things to hold them in place and not solely the glue/adhesive combination.

The paint is holding up perfectly. There are a few spots to where I scratched it accidentally and have a few chips (I think there are only 2 spots) and will touch those up when I get a chance. But overall, the best project for the money, and still going strong over two years.

The one issue that I have had is the visors opening up due to the heat and one of the rear door card inserts has fallen off. Here are some suggestions that I have done so far to improve longevity over these two issues:

Visors
I would suggest using hot glue as stated throughout the thread to tuck the fabric behind the visor prior to finally glueing them together. However, one thing I learned is hot glue will give away under extreme heat after a while (kind of a given)....

I would suggest sewing them together. I just finished mine last night.That way you are GUARANTEED (if done correctly) that they will not open back up under extreme heat....

I don't have any photos of the visors opening up due to the heat but will post a photo of the sewed shut visors hopefully soon.
Here's the photos (not my best hand sewing job, but not bad for a beginner if I do say so myself):
IMG_0130.jpg

Rear Door Cards
Once again the hot glue is giving away under extreme heat. Since you can't necessarily sew them onto the rear door cards I would suggest using a epoxy of some sort or possibly drilling some small holes to sew them through the plastic and hold them permanently onto the rear door card. (just a suggestion) I will be trying epoxy here soon and probably also using small holes in the back of the door card to sew them in on four corners to hold them permanently.

I will also post a photo of the rear door card insert that has fallen off here soon as well and update after the epoxy/sewing method.

Here's a photo of it off:
IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

Last edited:

jdmcg3

Reaction score
can i ask where you got your roll bar? or was it custom made?

and nice job on the interior. i recently sprayed all of my as well and re-wrapped everything. but ive been so damn lazy but put everything back in. and i did this like 2 months ago :hide: but i think i just found my motivation after looking at yours.

also where did you get the black carpet?

hotaccord243

Reaction score
can i ask where you got your roll bar? or was it custom made?

and nice job on the interior. i recently sprayed all of my as well and re-wrapped everything. but ive been so damn lazy but put everything back in. and i did this like 2 months ago :hide: but i think i just found my motivation after looking at yours.

also where did you get the black carpet?

Roll bar is autopower. Got it from ioportracing.com http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=60863&Category_Code=AP863 I got the removable cross braces, no paint, and 2" piping I believe. Then had a custom made powder coat made to match my wheels and color on the car and had it powder coated along with all of the bolts on it, and the steering wheel bolts as well to match.

I want to eventually make it into a cage and re-powder coat everything again.

Thanks! Yeah once you get it all done it's hard to keep the motivation to get it all back in the car ha-ha. It's harder the second time because you have to be MUCH more careful putting it in too.

I got the carpet from ACCmats.com http://accmats.com/Commerce/Search.aspx but got the ESSEX style which has much more padding and less of a cheap feel than the other kinds available. Cut it and put it all in.

The carpet I got for the door cards, center console, and sunroof/headliner is specialty order from Sparco in Italy to have an exact match to the seats, and had someone stitch in the gold thread (took me 2 months to find the right one) to match and tie into the gold flakes in the roll bar and wheels.

Hopefully this will benefit/motivate others as well! hence why I posted updates a while after it was done for helpful information.

Good luck with the install, and post pictures up when your all done. I'll keep an eye open for a new thread!

Back