Interior Overhaul.....

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
nice effort put into it, I don't know if I would want an all-black interior but the work looks good.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
top effort mate, had forgotten you lot weren't blessed with black interior ex factory!!
Question I have, would a clear coat make for a more durable finish..... or would it alter the finish you were aiming for??

meximan16

Reaction score
^ hey, just cuz we got an ugly interior......... i forgot where i was going with this lol. nice work, i wanna do my headliner and pillars in suede when i get some time

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I took alot of patience and beer to do this.....

how easy it is to scratch? i hear its pretty tough with some primer underneath. at least on metal, that is...

I did everything possible to make it durable, sand, adhesive promoter, primer, then paint. This stuff you have to intentionally scratch and even then its tough....

Looks awesome... I hope the spray paint holds up!
Are you going to the Accord meet up in the Cities at the end of May? I might show up if I get to see the car/park next to another rare modded 6th gen. :D

Me too... lol. Most likely not due to memorial day weekend i always go up north however, i will be at any other non-holiday meet for sure. I'll still try to see what i can do though.

how much did it cost you? total? looks pretty sick

well i would guess the total would be 1100? although rollbar powdercoat was 350 and fabric was 350. So you can do this MUCH cheaper if you want.

nice effort put into it, I don't know if I would want an all-black interior but the work looks good.

I hear ya. I almost decided against it, but with the different shades of black, plus i'll have accents on the door panels, center console, and a wheel color matched rollbar in there, there should be enough different colors in there to ease the eye.

ahhhhhhhhhhh so fcking sick! :thumbsup: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thanks LeMon! hopefully the full thing turns out pretty nice.

top effort mate, had forgotten you lot weren't blessed with black interior ex factory!!
Question I have, would a clear coat make for a more durable finish..... or would it alter the finish you were aiming for??

Yes, if i used clear coat it would cause more of a glossy finish, and i wanted to stick with the flat black. I tried painting it glossy black at first and it just did not look/go well with the fabric i chose.

^ hey, just cuz we got an ugly interior......... i forgot where i was going with this lol. nice work, i wanna do my headliner and pillars in suede when i get some time

It's much easier than you think. This is my first time doing anything like this. If you got a lot of time, and patience, its easy.

Oh, and a couple of more surprises but i won't know how it will work until i figure out the rear seat situation. That and the trunk.

sodaks2k

Reaction score
I see an Excessive Autosports sticker. :naughty:

Do you ever get to DRIVE your car? :hide: :booty:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Wow, I am thoroughly impressed. I don't think anyone here on 6GA has gone to that level to refinish the interior. Nice work!

frantz954

Reaction score
how easy it is to scratch? i hear its pretty tough with some primer underneath. at least on metal, that is...

dude that camo paint holds up like no other spray ive seen. i did all the fairings on my cbr and also my bmx bike and once it cures...indestructable.

Back