Interior Update (finally!)

Mikey

Reaction score
Good work. I like the center armrest a lot. Carpet looks good, too. I like black leather and I like alcantara but i'm not feeling the door panels. Maybe if the panel were in alcantara or the armrest part were in alcantara. IDK, it just looks odd to me, lol. Definitely great work though. Jobs like these scare me, lol. I'm a HUUUGE perfectionist and it takes a lot of patience and faith in yourself to do it perfect, lol. I'd be afraid of screwing up horrendously.

Last edited:

HomerJay

Reaction score
Good work. I like the center armrest a lot. Carpet looks good, too. I like black leather and I like alcantara but i'm not feeling the door panels. Maybe if the panel were in alcantara or the armrest part were in alcantara. IDK, it just looks odd to me, lol. Definitely great work though. Jobs like these scare me, lol. I'm a HUUUGE perfectionist and it takes a lot of patience and faith in yourself to do it perfect, lol. I'd be afraid of screwing up horrendously.
I think the foam I used behind the door panels might be too thick. The OEM leather is also pleated which is an effect I was not even going to try to mimic. It's easy enough to revisit that; I might order thinner stuff. And now that you mention it, Alcantara probably would look great there, too. By the time it crossed my mind, I had already ordered the leather. I am not having second thoughts on the striped leather as I really like how it's on the door armrests, center armrest and shift boot.

It's probably not apparent but I have been strategic in excluding certain angles from the pictures. I needed to get an inspection in November and was literally bolting the seats in place with days left in the month. As such, some little details will need attention in the Spring including Alcantara accents on other areas and panels. The glue I have cannot be used indoors. Even outdoors, you can't use it without a respirator (I'm brushing it on even though it's meant for spraying).

HomerJay

Reaction score
3M spray adhesive wouldnt work for the alcantara? it's pretty tough
I used 3M spray adhesive on some parts including Alcantara. I found I liked the "high temp" that I was brushing on better. It went on thinner which meant less chance for buildup under flat areas. It was easier to brush on the little areas of material that get folded around the back of the panel being wrapped. Some of the remaining pieces have some curves which lead to wasted Alcantara when I tried using spray. I'm probably going to have to do a little area at a time to better follow the curves in the panel which is where brushing is a bit easier. I used the disposable foam brushes because there is no cleaning up the glue. Not even worth trying.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
How difficult was the armrest to do? I love out and an thinking about doing it just not sure how hard it would be to do. I've never worked with fabrics and the like. Any suggestions? Tips?

Back