Intermittent Engine Bogging?

drax89

Reaction score
I have a very intermittent problem, that has only happened 3 times in the last few weeks. Ill be on the freeway doing about 80mph @ 3k rpm....then the car will bog like its hit a rev limiter , rpms will drop to like 1.5-2k for a sec then it will go right back to normal. The problem showed up before I had a new cap/rotor put on and has done it once since that....ngk plugs and wires are fairly recent. Car is an ex 2.3 manual...has v2,header,exhaust and has about 150k on it...use synthetic oil and 89 octane fuel....Car was been very reliable and started this after a recent 400 mile road trip.....My mechanic cant find anything wrong w the car and as the problem happens so infrequently its hard to guess at what it is. No cel or any other symptoms....Anyone else had a problem like this? Thanks

6genaccord

Reaction score
checked oil? not a sarcastic answer but you gotta start from the bottom. its happened to me a couple times while driving. i'd have to baby the throttle till i got home and then top it off. has fixed the problemn the couple times its happened. good luck

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Diagnosing your car over the internet is like trying to show a blind kid how to play operation.

If your oil fluid was low, the oil light would come on. I would start at your throttle body, open up the intake and take a look down there. If its black and dirty, chances are, your sensor are dirty as well...

finch13

Reaction score
oil fluid :lawl:

The light won't necessarily come on. I've ran 2 quarts low (barely on the dipstick) with no issues and VTEC functioning fine.

drax89

Reaction score
Well whatever it was, guess it worked its way out...Hasnt done it since I posted this, so who knows...Thanks anyway

Back