Is my fuel door missing a rubber insert or something?

Bax

Reaction score
I'm glad i saw this thread, I am missing that piece too.

Compeek

Reaction score
We should start a club for people missing them. Well, more like a therapy group.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
just went out and looked...never noticed it since it blends perfectly with the dark paint...

Compeek

Reaction score
That's a nice thing about dark paint--things blend in better.

I wasn't too fond of buying a white car (but did because good price, etc. etc.), but I've come to like it a lot. Still, it's kind of annoying because trim seems more out of place when it's not perfect, etc.

Bax

Reaction score
We should start a club for people missing them. Well, more like a therapy group.

Haha. Yeah, we need some meetings, so we can all share experiences of where we have laid our gas caps in a last resort, for me on top of the trunk, which usually ends with the thing rolling off the d@mn trunk and under the car :mad: so then i look like a jack*** all up under my car at a Chevron!

Compeek

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha. I'm afraid of damaging my paint (as if my paint is perfect...), so I always set it on the ground or a concrete block if there's one.

Bax

Reaction score
I thought about ghetto rigging some kind of thing where the gas cap is just on a string like some cars are, and it just hangs there.
But i don't want to get in a hurry one day and sling it too hard, taking a chip out of my paint. lol

Compeek

Reaction score
Yeah, exactly. My parents have an '03 Accord that has that stock. I'm not sure I'd like that as much as just setting the cap in the door where it sits more securely.

Bax

Reaction score
I love seeing people close their gas door though, with the cap still hanging out from under it by the string. It makes my day everytime. :lawl:

Compeek

Reaction score
Hahaha, I don't understand how somebody could manage to do that. Maybe we're just more careful, but I don't see how you could forget to put the cap on immediately after pulling the nozzle out.

Back