Is this fixable?

Ofnir107

Reaction score
I was taking some friends home from a party and out of nowhere this beer bottle comes flying from the side of the road. I stopped and tried to see from my car if anyone was in the bushes where the road was. I didn't see anyone (it was 2 AM). I figured there was nothing I can do (if I stopped any longer, I would have held up traffic) and I had a two hour ride home after that...

The bottle left some dents on my hood and made the crack on my windshield grow from half a foot to two feet. Now I have to get it replaced.

My question is, would these dents be fixable or would I be better off just getting a new hood? I am more concerned about the hood starting to rust. I have a feeling that it's going to cost more to try to repair and paint the hood then to just buy a new one (my paint isn't in the best condition as you can tell). Thanks in advance.

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

JEER42

Reaction score
I agree with the others on the carbon fiber hood. It will be cheaper than a new hood and new paint. I usually don't like carbon fiber hoods, but on dark color cars I think it looks good. Your car appears to be black, so I say go for it.

Ofnir107

Reaction score
Damn 303!! Lol i say new hood! CF maybe! :)

Lol, I was up in Boulder when this happened. More like damn freshmen.

Sorry for the crappy pictures. My color is DEP. Can't tell with it being so dirty. Thanks for the input guys. I'm not sure how I feel with having a carbon fiber hood, but I'll definitely look into it. I'll see what my mechanic will quote on getting me a new hood.

Back