is this strut bar any good

Bax

Reaction score
It looks pretty cool imo to be only 30 bucks.
Meh. Get a second generation TL/CL strut bar for about the same price and polish it.
Not a good idea, since they're steel it will begin to develop surface rust. I bought one that was previously polished and it was hellarusty.
no, that bar is crap.

you're not going to feel much of anything from any strut bar. a one piece bar has a lot more use potential than one with separate base plates any day of the week though. the oem tl bar is so cheap, you'd have to be dumb to not buy it if you're looking for a strut bar. strut bars help, but not as much as people usually make them out to. you're not going to be taking corners like an f1 car because your front strut towers are connected.
This.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
well i got the 03 TL s strut bar on ebay for 43.25 shipped 2 hrs ago im not going to polish it im going to sand it down a little cleanit up and paint it the same color as my car night hawk black

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Good choose on the strut bar :thumbsup:
From the pic on ur sig it already looks like u have a 3pc bar on there

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Good price for the bar. Enjoy.

It's helpful for spirited driving(cornering), just know your cars' limits.

I've been able to take corners doing about 60km with the Neuspeed/TL strut bar upgrade. We'll see how it does with the Cusco bar instead of the Neuspeed one.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
Good choose on the strut bar :thumbsup:
From the pic on ur sig it already looks like u have a 3pc bar on there
i had a APR strut bar and the stock strut braces on i sold the APR strut bar for 100 a while ago best strut bar i ever had but the APR strut bar goes for 180 but cant afford that now

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i already have a 07 sway bar rearwith moog endlinks and eibach front sway bar with moog endlinks. and just picked up eibach pro kit struts for 340 shipped for the whole kit with bump stops and sleeves and strut mounts

talontsiawd

Reaction score
no, that bar is crap.

you're not going to feel much of anything from any strut bar. a one piece bar has a lot more use potential than one with separate base plates any day of the week though. the oem tl bar is so cheap, you'd have to be dumb to not buy it if you're looking for a strut bar. strut bars help, but not as much as people usually make them out to. you're not going to be taking corners like an f1 car because your front strut towers are connected.

I would disagree. I had a cheapo ebay one on my talon and that didn't do anything. My Eibach bar on my accord actually feels different. When I first got it, it stiffened up the front and actually increased understeer. I added a TL sway bar and it was back to stock like, but stiffer/better handling.

Not saying that it was night and day but I did feel a difference. My front end feels a bit looser when I take it off as well. It's considerably beefier than most though.

ccordex00

Reaction score
I tried Megan,Cusco,TL and OBX. They all do the same work when you have other components working with your suspension.....

Back