Issue With Wipers going over the windshield

TrnkMonkey

Reaction score
Everytime it's raining hard and I put the wipers at a faster mode the wipers literally go far past the windshield. when I do it slow I have no problem but when it speeds up the top half of the wiper literally goes over the side of the windshield.

I don't think it can be the motor since it obviously has too much power lol but what can I do to adjust it so it does not go over and I end up losing the wipers :eh:.

Thanks

f23accord2000

Reaction score
the wipers a sapost to be 24 driver side 19 pass side, make sure there level with the plastic shroud and tighten the bolts down.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Sorry to threadjack.. but I have a question..

My wipers keep rubbing against the windshield which makes basically a rubber scraping noise.. it doesn't swipe the windshield smoothly. Are the wipers out of position.. or are the wipers just bad quality and I need to change them?

Thanks in advance.

TrnkMonkey

Reaction score
I got the right size wipers, and I tried adjusting the bolt and tighten it back up. Nothing changed and mines also rest ontop of the plastic cover. So when they go down instead os staying on the glass they go over the plastic cover. Now they only do that if i make it stop fast, otherwise it ends up chilling on the glass like 2 inches on the windshield instead of at the end.:poke:

dtraill27

Reaction score

My wipers keep rubbing against the windshield which makes basically a rubber scraping noise.. it doesn't swipe the windshield smoothly. Are the wipers out of position.. or are the wipers just bad quality and I need to change them?

Thanks in advance.

i had the same problem when i got the latitude wipers. turns out mine were on backwards lol

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

I had the exact same problem on a new windshield. I thought my blades were worn out so I changed them with OEM refills ( same problem). Then a friend recommended the new bracketless design windshield wipers. So I saw these at Costco and purchased a pair:

($7.99 each at Costco)

10314040cLL.jpg

and cleaned my windshield with:

312JVPH9Z6L._SL500_AA279_.jpg

problem solved :driving:

Last edited:

jvirusvirus

Reaction score
If there are new and it makes that noise I would say the wiper needs to get worned out a lil so it can go away but if it doesnt then you need to take it off and slide it back in right had the same problem but not on my accord it was on a 05 sentra did that and wala it was fixd(then again it was making that noise and not really cleanning the water off right it would leave a big water mark that would look blurry lol)

TrnkMonkey

Reaction score
funny thing is I had the same issue with stock wipers, They were kind of rusty so I threw them out got rainex ones i believe. Experienced the same crap but the wipers were so skinnny i was like let me get what I have on the evo so i got the Bosch type kind of what some1 posted up same style. The damn thing still goes over =(

I'll try cleaning the windshield with that glass scrub but i dont think it will fix the problem.

Back