J30 revving high on first gear (AT)

Accrd623

Reaction score
99 accord v6 coupe (AT) , only on first gear it revs high rpm and lags for a bit before shifting to second gear

Im new to this, i was wondering if anyone knows what is wrong with my transmission and if there is anything i can do other than replacing it to fix it.

Varnell

Reaction score
Is it a hard shift after revving high or does it rev high and not accelerate like it should?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
kinda sounds like a slipping 1st gear clutch, does it get a lot of stop-n-go travel?

hows the fluid look?

Varnell

Reaction score
For the month that I drove the J30A1 it had some rough shifts (mostly second and third gear). It was throwing a transmission code, but I honestly can't remember which. It was recommended that I change a shift sensor.

I apologize if this information isn't helpful. I didn't retain much of the information since I planned to take it all out.

619rcr

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a rebuild. Try draining a qt of AT fluid and replacing it with Lucas AT trans fix (Lucas, nothing else). This was a recommendation I got from my automatic transmission class instructor at universal technical institute. It got me a little more life outta my AT, before I swapped to MT.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it throwing any codes or just driving hard? It could be something as simple as a bad solenoid or as complex as needing a replacement or rebuild transmission.

Also, don't ever use anything other than the Honda ATF.

Back