J30a1 turbo w/ TL tranny vs K20a3 turbo swap?

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
^ just trying to help both side...

and my boi here in atl wanted ur frame sooo bad... LOL

but i guess only time will tell if he actually gonna get it

SiA01

Reaction score
Is there not a 6th gen accord with a k swap out there? I've seen projects but no complete swaps. Any reason why it hasn't been done? To much time/money and outcome isn't worth it?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^I have yet to hear/read of one, so I would guess, no.

'dreman' was the only one that I have seen that had undertaken the project.

The car will be in different hands(on Canadian soil), so we'll see when the project does get completed.

Whether it is worth it or not, depends on a person's available budget and ability/desire to get the project done.

SiA01

Reaction score
I might just do the k swap just because the rarity of it. I'm familiar with k swaps a little more then I am with j series.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You have a V6, there is going to be alot more work involved getting it to work in your engine bay, than swapping in another J-series.

Not to mention how much less work/money would be involved to do a J-series swap.

I would do some more research on the other Forums that were mentioned, even Acurazine, and see which J-series build looks like the one for you.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I have a J35a3 stroked .1l to a 3.6l. I'm making 345whp and 356lbs all motor on pump 93 and yes the car is my daily driver while i build my STi on the side. Im hoping to make almost 400 all motor when i switch to e85. Also the j series loves nitrous. If i decided to hit my engine with a 200-250 shot, that should leave me at about 575-600whp and 625-650wtq. this is why i deal with the j series and not the k series. just a little motivation to lead you down the right path.

SiA01

Reaction score
That's great motivation actually. 345 is ridiculous. Do you have a thread on your build? Or know of any builds with a write up of their build? Cause those are good numbers off a j35

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
it changes all the time and i keep a lot of it confidential. and no i am not spraying, my car has never had nitrous nor race gas in it. i owe most of it to aem ems v2 and a damn good tuner (John Visconti of EcuTek, famed GT-R Tuner). What I will say now is all honda oem parts except for some p2r gaskets, some ebay bolt ons, straight pipes, good cooling, and a good tune. my car is a bit of a freak it makes a lot more power and is a lot faster then it supposed to be.

Hondastylez

Reaction score
I have a J35a3 stroked .1l to a 3.6l. I'm making 345whp and 356lbs all motor on pump 93 and yes the car is my daily driver.... this is why i deal with the j series and not the k series. just a little motivation to lead you down the right path.

That's great motivation actually. 345 is ridiculous. Do you have a thread on your build? Or know of any builds with a write up of their build? Cause those are good numbers off a j35

it changes all the time and i keep a lot of it confidential. my car is a bit of a freak it makes a lot more power and is a lot faster then it supposed to be.

So you encourage and lead him to the path of the J-series and when he asks for further detail and direction you basically tell him " good luck on your own ".

I thought we were here to help....

to the OP, If you are really interested in building up a J series motor, whether you want to go all motor or FI I suggest you do a 6spd swap first like most people have already suggested. Then you can look into building the motor. I would def. suggest the J32a2 motor. There's a ton of info on V6p, Acurazine, and J32a on the 6spd swap.

Good luck w/your ventures!

Back