J32 swap, AT?

Grizzly

Reaction score
I ran a few searches and didn't turn anything up, so hopefully this isn't a repost.

Have any users here swapped in a J32A3 and kept the AT from the donor vehicle rather than converting to MT?

I've been pricing out parts to get rid of my J30 and that four speed tragedy it's mated to. I had planned on doing the six speed manual, but I'm seeing a lot of engine / trans combos with the AT and pretty much everything included. Would cut my cost and labor quite a bit, and really, I'm not going to lose any sleep over the MT loss, I don't drive *that* aggressively.

Thoughts? Experience?

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
V6P has a write-up by WHEEELMAN, who just did a similar swap, so I would suggest you read his thread because it was very informative.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Here ya go:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1867756#post1867756

Now, understand, I am a noob at this stuff. I had NVA-AV6(v6p.net member) do ALL of this for me. I am not a wrenchhead/mechanic. My knowledge is all from seeing it done and discussing it.

I would use a 03-07 Accord V6 or 05-06(years?) Odyssey Tranny. --might have the years wrong.
They bolt right up, and at the core of the tranny are a lil bit stronger than the 2nd gen 5-speeds.

Also, let off the gas between shifts. When you feel the next gear fixing to shift, just let off the gas and let the gear "fall" into place. Then get back on the gas. It reduces wear on the clutchpacks, therefore, lets you save em for WOT runs. But, who does WOT runs? I ride low and slow.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Here ya go:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1867756#post1867756

Now, understand, I am a noob at this stuff. I had NVA-AV6(v6p.net member) do ALL of this for me. I am not a wrenchhead/mechanic. My knowledge is all from seeing it done and discussing it.

I would use a 03-07 Accord V6 or 05-06(years?) Odyssey Tranny. --might have the years wrong.
They bolt right up, and at the core of the tranny are a lil bit stronger than the 2nd gen 5-speeds.

Also, let off the gas between shifts. When you feel the next gear fixing to shift, just let off the gas and let the gear "fall" into place. Then get back on the gas. It reduces wear on the clutchpacks, therefore, lets you save em for WOT runs. But, who does WOT runs? I ride low and slow.

Just read your thread, that's actually pretty damn interesting. Nice work!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Nice work indeed.

Paul has been VERY busy with no signs of slowing down, it seems.

Back