J32 swap into F23 bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
Ok so currently I have the 4 bangger under my hood. I have a chance at getting a J32 swap for about $1,000 (major parts only).

This will be my first swap ever. So for the guys who did this swap already, what will i need to buy and have to do the swap?

My car has no abs though, and from what I know all the CLs have abs and traction control, if im not mistakened.

nexTOme

Reaction score
sell your car, search forums, then buy new car

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
You think so? Eh i should that than waste time on doing this....but would it be worth? I mean the engine + tranny + ecu go for like 5k dont they?

nyknick1015

Reaction score
No what he is saying that the j32 wont fit in the bay. The bay was made for a 4cyl engine not a 6cy... if u had a j30 engine, then the j32 would be an upgrade but since u have f23, the next upgrade would be an h22...

u can put a j32 in it if u want to spend close to 5grand on modifying the bay alone... other than that, look up either h22's or boost is a better bet if u dont want to swap

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
I think ill do what YounGLeMoN just said.....G23

When I saw pics I got shocked at what you cand do with all various honda 4 banggers.

Ill try to give it a go, just gotta do some research before I start.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
That didn't take long. No a J32A2 will not go in there easily (aka cheaply). Best thing to do is to go to your local junkyard and find an LS1 an throw it in there it is a direct fit.

Click and drag:| No really though just go H22 or build a G23 |

If you find a Flux capacitor pick it up for meh I will send you paypal.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
You think so? Eh i should that than waste time on doing this....but would it be worth? I mean the engine + tranny + ecu go for like 5k dont they?

weve covered this numerous times on here. a simple search will most likely answer all of your questions regarding putting a v6 in an i4 accord bay.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
No what he is saying that the j32 wont fit in the bay. The bay was made for a 4cyl engine not a 6cy... if u had a j30 engine, then the j32 would be an upgrade but since u have f23, the next upgrade would be an h22...

u can put a j32 in it if u want to spend close to 5grand on modifying the bay alone... other than that, look up either h22's or boost is a better bet if u dont want to swap

The J32 will fit into the bay, there's no difference in size between the i4 and v6 engine bays. The differences are the layouts of the components. Swapping out an F23 for a J32 won't work without replacing 99% of the pieces within the engine bay.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Hmm... I could have swore the engine bay dimension for 4cyl and 6cyl are the same...

Get the J32. Go to the same junk yard and pick up a K-Frame for 100 bucks.

Change out your suspension (if OEM) to accomodate the extra weight.

Get Richie's Harness if you're going 6speed so you can have VTec and not throw codes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back