J32 swap into F23 bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
The J32 will fit into the bay, there's no difference in size between the i4 and v6 engine bays. The differences are the layouts of the components. Swapping out an F23 for a J32 won't work without replacing 99% of the pieces within the engine bay.

Hmm... I could have swore the engine bay dimension for 4cyl and 6cyl are the same...

Get the J32. Go to the same junk yard and pick up a K-Frame for 100 bucks.

Change out your suspension (if OEM) to accomodate the extra weight.

Get Richie's Harness if you're going 6speed so you can have VTec and not throw codes.

you might want to double check that because when i tried to put my strut bar on a v6, it didnt fit. it came a couple CM too short. I dont know for sure tho. may need some1 to measure the bays. Most generic strut bars are adjustable around the ends but mines is 4cyl only

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
you might want to double check that because when i tried to put my strut bar on a v6, it didnt fit. it came a couple CM too short. I dont know for sure tho. may need some1 to measure the bays. Most generic strut bars are adjustable around the ends but mines is 4cyl only

Bays are the same size, Brad and Tekrice are 100% correct.

And as far as the strut bar goes, next time jack the car on one side in the front to take the load off the suspension and it should slip right on. I had that problem a couple of times, and that was the solution.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back