j32 swap

hondahana

Reaction score
yes i searched but i got tired of reading to much BS about searching and ****.

simple question i have is what is required to drop a j32 auto into our 6th gen that is already a j30 auto?

please dont be a jack *** i searched for a good hour or so on here and v6p.net but i dont have any post on v6p from all the stupidness. lol

2eyecandy15

Reaction score
i was out at the races tonight and their was a 02 TL 6 speed walkin niggas and i was wonderin the same thing??

Cpyro

Reaction score
i dont really know, but i would assume almost nothing, engine is probly the same size just with more power, new wire harnesses and mounts. I would def say a new tranny cause the auto wont cut it.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
if you searched v6p, did you not come across this thread?
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73383

youre going to be hard pressed to find a complete parts list in one area. There are a lot of options you have depending on transmissions you choose, etc.

If youre serious about it, start with the engine and trans and then ask more specific questions down the road.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
simple question i have is what is required to drop a j32 auto into our 6th gen that is already a j30 auto?

simple question, but a complex answer. Just do your research like everyone else. ALL the information is out there.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Most expensive parts...

-Engine
-Trans
-6spd ECU
-CLS clutch + sensor ring

then everything else will just be small pieces, small prices. but a lot of it.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Most expensive parts...

-Engine
-Trans
-6spd ECU
-CLS clutch + sensor ring

then everything else will just be small pieces, small prices. but a lot of it.
This is exactly why the answer is not simple. Whats stated above is true to a certain extent.

BUT…

You can use an ECU from either cl-s or tl-s, manual or automatic (with the use of Richie's swap magic)
You have three different options for transmissions, either 7g accord, 03 cl-s, or 04+ tl-s (accord being the only one without LSD)

Depending on which transmission you use, is going to decipher your clutch obviously. Although I'm not actually sure theres a difference in say, a 7g accord, and 03 cl-s.

Then you need clutch lines, clutch pedal and bracket, master and slave cylinders, all the necessary hardware, shifter and cables (transmission type will determine which to use) You can use the wire harness from an AT…..the list goes on.

If you're serious about doing the swap, I would start off with purchasing the motor and trans then go from there.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Just a note that the transmission type will not always be the determinate of which shifter you use, the 7GA shifter will hit the passenger side of the console when reaching for 5, 6, and R. You can customize the mech so that doesn't happen, but it is recommended that you get the CLS shifter/cables from the CL-S.

Also you can drop the LSD from the CL-S into the 7GA 6spd with a little work. But if you really want the LSD, I'd save yourself the trouble and spend the money to get one of the other two.

You should also get the brake pedal from the 5spd 6GA because the auto brake pedal is big. It's not recommended that you get the master/slave cylinders from a 5spd as they do not move the proper amount of fluid for the V6 clutch.

And if you go the route of sensor+ECU conversion, you won't need Richie's harness, but you will need the CL-S 6MT ECU.

It's easy to get sick of reading, but you gotta keep doing it.

Back