J32 Tranny on a J30

Lord $peed

Reaction score
So my tranny gave up finally. I get it back in a couple days thanks to extended warranty (Thank God LoL). But from what i read on here and anywhere else is that j30 trannys are wack in the first place and it'll give out again. Im not sure if j32 trannys are good or at least better than j30s. All im aware of is j32 is 5speed and j30 is 4. If its possible i wanna get a j32 tranny in due time.

My question is if it can b done is it worth it? or is j32 auto tranny sorry too..!!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
They go out too but it's not at common as the 4 speed. If your going to bother with putting a 5 speed auto in place of your 4 speed, why not just put in a 6 speed type s manual.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
yea the same generation TL's also had major problems...if your not looking for performance the 4spd would be the cheapest...6spd would be best...

lambchop4life

Reaction score
So my tranny gave up finally. I get it back in a couple days thanks to extended warranty (Thank God LoL). But from what i read on here and anywhere else is that j30 trannys are wack in the first place and it'll give out again. Im not sure if j32 trannys are good or at least better than j30s. All im aware of is j32 is 5speed and j30 is 4. If its possible i wanna get a j32 tranny in due time.

My question is if it can b done is it worth it? or is j32 auto tranny sorry too..!!

let me know if you re going to to this project i would like to watch, and there a j32a2 tranny for sale and you mean j32a2 there is no such thing is a j32 tranny

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
let me know if you re going to to this project i would like to watch, and there a j32a2 tranny for sale and you mean j32a2 there is no such thing is a j32 tranny

There is no point for using or buying recalled parts unless they are rebuilt beyond original oem specs. The best bet is to just install a 6 spd or sell your car.

SeanXtec

Reaction score
The acura 5 speed auto transmissions are even worse than ours. Head over to acurazine and you shall see. On top of that, you cannot run the 5speed auto on your 4speed ecu. Stick with the 4speed unless you have deep pockets and are very mechanically inclined.

claybird

Reaction score
if you put a 5 speed on ur j30 u have to get a j32 auto ecu.....btw the 5 speds are just as bad

Back