Jacking up 2000 Accord via factory pinch weld

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Harbor Freight low-pro jack solves everything. And as far as the pinch welds, I would use them sparingly - save those for the shops. On mine, it bent and folded up under weight of the car. Really all depends. I avoid them if I can help it and figure out your own jack point on the subframe of the car.. At your own risk of course. That's just how I do things haha, I have my own methods.

Speak for yourself. The lowest one they have still doesn't even come close to fitting under my jack points :lawl:

I still like it though. Definitely comes in handy.

Clevor

Reaction score
Well, the reason I bought this 2000 Honda Accord EX for $3300 is that I didn't want to use my brand spanking new 420 hp 2013 Ford Mustang GT as a daily driver. Besides, the stick would be a pain to drive where I live.

The Mustang has recommended pinch weld points identical to the Honda ones, but on this car, aficiondos say do not jack off the front crossmember or the rear differential. Although the car is unibody, the front crossmember is bolted to the frame and can twist. Some guy says the rear differential and axle is not designed to carry the load when jacked up under the differential. We only jack up at the pinch weld points and place jackstands close by. Granted, the Mustang weighs around 3600 lbs. Anyways, I ain't taking any chances with this car, which cost 10X the Honda.

So on the Honda, I'd like to stick to the pinch weld locations. Yesterday I had the Honda on a 4-pt lift and all four pinch welds held up without bending over. They are much stouter than most cars I've seen.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
I still like it though. Definitely comes in handy.[/QUOTE]

:badidea: lol wouldn't fit under mines neither

Back