JDM F23A intake manifold

gsrteg

Reaction score
If "J" is the first digit in the VIN, it techinically is a Japanese motor.. I wouldn't go so far as to say JDM though, because JDM means Japanese Domestic Market, and clearly the F23 was not part of the Japanese Domestic Market as it was made for other parts of the world. Doesn't matter if it was put out into cars in their market, or other markets such as Indonesia, Brazil, etc - it was manufactured in Japan. Otherwise it was manufactured elsewhere.

End of story.

Well said. I was tossing the JDM term around, but I was basically trying to say it came from Japan. All I'm concern now, is trying to get the engine to run right.

Pizzaman

Reaction score
As long as i know that its possible, I dont have a problem trying to change it. Would i have to take the Upper Plenum off the IM first, in order to take the bottom part of the IM off? Or did you just remove the IM off completely as is?

i did mine before i put the new motor in. it was easy but i did it on the floor not in the car.

Michael_accord

Reaction score
Its very hard to change out in the car, technically you dont need to remove the upper plenum but its very simple. I would just swap the upper plenum why the entire runner?

Last edited:

gsrteg

Reaction score
Its very hard to change out the car, technically you dont need to remove the upper plenum but its very simple. I would just swap the upper plenum why the entire runner?

I was thinking the same. I might just swap the upper plenum only and see if that solves my problem.

gsrteg

Reaction score
So the fluctuating idle on my car has been solved. The solution: I cleaned the IACV thoroughly and installed a new PCV Valve. I soaked the IACV with carb cleaner and scrubbed it down with a toothbrush and Qtips. I checked and made sure all the vacuum hoses were good. Car runs and idles like a champ. So in conclusion, the Japanese Intake Manifold and fuel injectors didn't have anything to do with the idle, and worked. I didnt have to change the Upper Plenum or the whole IM back to the US style IM. They are exactly the same design (pics below).

New engine:

Old engine:

The Japanese style intake manifold mounted with the US style throttle body. However, I was able to swap over all the necessary sensors and brackets without any problems. But I am running the Japanese spec/style fuel injectors.

I took the throttle body off the Japanese style IM to clean the ports again with some carb cleaner. A side shot, to show that the upper plenum design was the same as the US style IM.

This is the OLD IM (US style) from the original engine.

The final shot after I got the new engine running and hooked up the throttle body, IACV, PCV valve, and the cruise control vacuum lines.

Last edited:
Back