JDM headlamps not a good idea?

Clevor

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Accord EX. I heard JDM parts are not a good idea for headlamps, since we drive on the different side of the road here. True? Where's a place to get good replacement headlamps?

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
If you're talking about eBay jdm headlights, as long as they 98-02, should fit no problem. If you're talking about doing retrofit, projectors and HID kits should come RHD and/or LHD.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Accord EX. I heard JDM parts are not a good idea for headlamps, since we drive on the different side of the road here. True? Where's a place to get good replacement headlamps?

There are no JDM parts for our (6th generation) Accords since they were never sold in Japan. The Accord sold in Japan, is a completely different car based on a different chasis, getting those headlights to fit will require some crafty bodywork.

You can buy 'JDM style' headlights on Ebay, that usually means blacked out housing, but sometimes it also means other ricey items like Angel Eyes, etc. The fitment of EBay headlights is not perfect, they will fit, but not as flush as OEM.

FNCONE

Reaction score
If you're talking about eBay jdm headlights, as long as they 98-02, should fit no problem. If you're talking about doing retrofit, projectors and HID kits should come RHD and/or LHD.

+1
Retro fit, I got the ebay black housing, they LOOK very good for after market, BUT you should have your OEM so its cheaper to do a DIY

There are no JDM parts for our (6th generation) Accords since they were never sold in Japan. The Accord sold in Japan, is a completely different car based on a different chasis, getting those headlights to fit will require some crafty bodywork.

You can buy 'JDM style' headlights on Ebay, that usually means blacked out housing, but sometimes it also means other ricey items like Angel Eyes, etc. The fitment of EBay headlights is not perfect, they will fit, but not as flush as OEM.

TRUTH right there,
I had the CF4 JDM lights they look similar but they don't have the amber strip so they are "thinner". In my car they showed a GAP showing the bracket under the light. I was not about to do bumper work for lights so i just went eBAY... When i do my retro, I will order used OEM, or junk yard OEM'S.

Now talking about the LHD RHD dilemma , I heard its a bit unsafe because the glare to incoming traffic(?) They "point" the light in a different direction comparing it to ours(???). I heard that has to do something with our road signs being on our right and incoming traffic to our left????? compared to the other side RHD world... don't quote me on that lol

Last edited:

Ix3U

Reaction score
Hmmm ... That's a lot of food for thought. Were the JDM verions just the CL's? I know that there are euro accords for this year that fit

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Hmmm ... That's a lot of food for thought. Were the JDM verions just the CL's? I know that there are euro accords for this year that fit

Not sure which car euro r lights would fit, but not our cars...

Ix3U

Reaction score
Not sure which car euro r lights would fit, but not our cars...

Yeah... I'm going to be honest. I was looking to pad my post count by making vague comments so I could get my car into the classifieds... However, going from 26 to 80 is more of a pain in the *** than I care about, so yeah...Although the euro cl lights look like they are pretty close

Clevor

Reaction score
I was worried about JDM headlamps being aimed differently than the U.S., but if the U.S. cars never existed in Japan, the term 'JDM' must just be a marketing ploy.

How much do the OEM Honda headlamps cost? I'm guessing $500/pair?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^The names of all "JDM parts" for a 6thgen on Ebay are a joke. Just ignore it.

There are OEM Stanley headlights for less, just have to look around, and keep your eyes on forum classifieds.

Back