JDM headlamps not a good idea?

AccordCoupe2001

Reaction score
Try "Rock Auto" they have stock replacement head lights for 38-41 bucks they are under body-exterior then headlight assembly. Ive ordered from them lots of times and they are very reliable.

bluelights81

Reaction score
I just installed JDM "style" lights from Ebay, just the black out housings but they have the amber strip. $66 included free shipping. Very happy with them, fit no problems. Took about an hour to install.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
I just installed JDM "style" lights from Ebay, just the black out housings but they have the amber strip. $66 included free shipping. Very happy with them, fit no problems. Took about an hour to install.

Hope you did a leak test first to make sure they were sealed right... Wish I had, now I've got to get around to removing them and fixing them :rofl:

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Hope you did a leak test first to make sure they were sealed right... Wish I had, now I've got to get around to removing them and fixing them :rofl:

I wish I did that with my set of used oem Stanley's too! Now I'll probably just leave em till I replace the bumper cover at this point though :banghead:

Meanstreet

Reaction score
I am debating about paying someone to black out the housing on my OEM headlights ($200) or either buying some on ebay and paying someone to install them ($100 + labour).

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That is a massive waste of your money man, don't pay someone to do something that you can do yourself. Painting housings is not that hard, and neither is installing/uninstalling.

Here is a DIY on blackhousing:
http://www.filtsai.com/accord/housings/index.php

It also includes instructions for removing your bumper so you can get to the headlights. This is a pretty basic mod, you'd be losing a lot of cash to have someone else do this.

Tectonickz

Reaction score
I am debating about paying someone to black out the housing on my OEM headlights ($200) or either buying some on ebay and paying someone to install them ($100 + labour).
Prior to doing my retro and blackhouse I had NO knowledge at all about anything pertaining to opening headlights up, sealing them, painting them, or doing a retrofit. Simply by taking about a week of researching, reading, and starring helpful posts I was able to do it all myself with no past experience. Trust me, do some reading, do it yourself, save some money. Like he said no point in paying for something you can do yourself!! :D

Meanstreet

Reaction score
That is a massive waste of your money man, don't pay someone to do something that you can do yourself. Painting housings is not that hard, and neither is installing/uninstalling.

That's true, I am not really a handy person and concerned about breaking something. It's my daily driver.

Back