JDM J30 in USDM 6GA?

Benji_P

Reaction score
I know this may be a dumb question and please forgive me lol... I'm not very knowledgeable on motor swaps but I just recently blew the motor in my 02 v6 model and was wondering if the Jdm j30a would be fit and be a direct swap into my accord? I called the company where the motor is located and they told me the engine would not fit in my accord?? Here is a link for a picture of the engine
http://www.jdmenginescorp.com/engin...ccord-jdm-j30a-vtec-3.0l-v6-engine-coil-type-

J30A_COIL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Benji_P

Reaction score
Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Merged with your other thread. May be worth asking this in the 6thgen Facebook group if you don't get an answer here.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
why not just get a j30 that's from a usdm car? it'd be much easier for you. electronics and connections are usually slightly different between jdm and usdm engines, thus why you can't just put a j30a in an original j30a1, or whatever, car and be good to go. sure, you can make it work, but it'd be more trouble that it's worth, especially when you can just get another usdm j30 engine, throw it in and go.

Benji_P

Reaction score
Thanks for your input, I was going with original j30a1 but couldn't find any worth spending the money on due to most of them being super high mileage lol. I ended up finding a decent one with like 130k for $400

kn0x47

Reaction score
seems odd to me that the jdm j30 is so different. I wonder if the intake manifold is more like the j32

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I want to replace that plenumn hat (the flat part, idk what it's called) with a supercharger! Use like a GM one, the Pontiac or Buick!

I probly won't, but it's a cool idea!

Back