Jl 13w7

tnguyen600

Reaction score
So I'm almost ready to install my 13W7..just waiting for the 1000/1 V2 amp to come in, should arrive tuesday.

I was looking at the owners manual for the 13W7 and it said that when I wire up the voice coils, it needs to be wired in series or parallel. What does that mean? I'm use to just hooking up the red and black wire, but since this has dual voice coils. Thanks in advance. Heres some pics just for the fcuk of it :coffee:

JL13W7001.jpg

JL13W7004.jpg

JL13W7006.jpg

JL13W7007.jpg

JL13W7005.jpg

KnightRyder

Reaction score
nice woofer! i myself have a 13W3V3. it funny seeing my friends reactions when i tell them how big my woofer is, i say 13.5 inch. and they're like whaaat? i thought they only came in 10, 12, and 15.... thats because only JL makes these :D

ubik

Reaction score
Thats probably the most important thing with this sub. DVC subs can be wired up three ways, with your + going to one of your + terminals then out of that - terminal to the other + then out of that - back to the - on your amp, this is called in series. Another way is run a wire to the + then form that + to the other + and do the same with the -, this is called in parallel. The other way is to wire the two voice coils up independently from a two channel amp but you have to make sure both voice coils are getting exactly the same going to them. The reason for wiring them up in series or parallel is the amount of ohms they will draw. If your amp will take it you can run this sub at 3/4 of an ohm witch is like wow sh@t your gonna need a good amp. Or at three ohm witch is still quite low but doable. Or a two channel amp that can go down to 1.5 ohm.

Back