JL Components Installed (pics)

eggyhustles

Reaction score
C2-690tx - 6x9 (they don't have a C5)
C5-650 component set

I think the big difference maker in the whole system is I went with the JL premium 4 channel RCA cables, JL speaker wire and the JL 2 gauge amp connection setup. The wiring is definatly top quality

coulda saved a ton if u went with knukonceptz wire. but then again i could say the same for your whole setup..u like it though which is what matters

mlp2435

Reaction score
Tnguyen - they dropped right in. The 6.5's however needed a little modification.

Eggyhustles - how do you know what I paid for the wiring? Or for the entire setup???

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
I think the big difference maker in the whole system is I went with the JL premium 4 channel RCA cables, JL speaker wire and the JL 2 gauge amp connection setup. The wiring is definatly top quality
ummm...to a certain point, wire is wire.
I put the tweeter in that spot and on the mirror cover plate and listened to it. On the cover plate it didn't sound good at all. In the spot I have it.. It sounds just right. I emailed JL about placement and the guy said 2 to 5 inches from the top of the woofer is ideal and anything more than that is no good. It actually shows a diagram in the instruction book and says not to put them up in the mirror cover. Must be a common spot I guess
too far apart, you get stage separation...definitely agree with JL on that one. my components are in coax configuration to save space/hassle with the tweeters pointed up towards my ears, although the sound is only at "chest" level which im not too happy about. oh well. they sound better than the ****ty infinity "reference" speakers ive been using for the past few years.
coulda saved a ton if u went with knukonceptz wire. but then again i could say the same for your whole setup..u like it though which is what matters
knuconceptz is great stuff. i used/am using tsunami wire for the speakers since that's what i had around...and man...its all insulation. they claim it's 16 gauge...more like 18...the insulation strips in the 12ga position though :ugh:

edits in bold

Last edited:

xx24xx

Reaction score
Knukonceptz is ok. They have some good products, while some of it is not so good. The battery terminals for example, are pretty bad.

You are supposed to keep the tweeter as close to the woofer as possible unless you have time alignment. It depends on the speakers, door, etc. too though. Have you looked into the Alpine Imprint?

mlp2435

Reaction score
xx24xx - I've never looked into the Alpine imprint

Leviathann - you have no idea how nervous I was drilling them. One slip and you are basically screwed

Russianred - thanks for the compliment

Back