JTC short shifter anyone?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
it looks like a knock off of the pspec, which is interesting.......

finch13

Reaction score
Looks like **** compared to the PSPEC, not to mention it doesn't have the aluminum retainer piece to replace the one you have to break to get out while installing it. Pony up $75 more and get something with some real engineering behind it.

CHID0

Reaction score
^ what he said....it does look like crap. The finish work and detailing look like arse. Go PSPEC.

xmsleepr

Reaction score
Looks like **** compared to the PSPEC, not to mention it doesn't have the aluminum retainer piece to replace the one you have to break to get out while installing it. Pony up $75 more and get something with some real engineering behind it.

hmm if you look at the picture for the prelude version has the aluminum retainer piece...

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
It is an exact knock-off of the PSPEC kit. Pay for the original and dont encourage stealing people's work, especially Pete's, his craftsmanship is unmatched.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
from P-Spec

Thanks for heads up. This guy actually bought a kit from me in November 2009. Here is what I sent the douche on his contact page.

Quote from your "About Us" Page:

"I have designed and redesigned many parts based on what I believe the car community could benefit from most. I wanted to create quality aftermarket car parts that I had always sought to buy, but was never able to find, or at a standard and price that I believed was good enough. I did not want to waste my hard earned money on something that I deemed inferior. I wanted to create high quality parts that I knew would perform to my extremely high standards."

Really? Seriously? Come on man.

If you’re going to knock-off other peoples work, at least pay credit where credit is due. I coined the term "True Short Shifter" almost 10 years ago. Even the Chinese put "M style" or something similar for when they knock-off Mugen etc.

Your adjustable shifter is a disgusting knock off of the PSPEC TUNING height and throw adjustable shifter. I came up with that design. It was my original idea. I was the one that "DESIGNED and REDESIGNED" the kit to get it perfect. It was such a good design that other companies, such as Hybrid Racing, incorporated the design into their shifter. At least they made their own version of it. After all, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Suggested content for your "About Us" Page

"My name is Tommy Carrol of JTC Knock-Offs. I use my mechanical engineering background to reverse engineer other peoples products. I make inferior quality clones of existing products, out of cheaper materials, so I can sell them at a lower price than the original companies that invented them. I take credit for the product designs on my website. I don't do this to big companies that make millions of dollars every year. My business model is to take sales away from the small creative startup companies, by stealing their ideas from them and underselling them."

What you are doing is no different than plagiarism as far as I'm concerned. How does it feel to be "swinging from my nuts"

-Pete Stefanowicz

Original US Manufacturer of "TRUE" Short Shifters for Cable Shifted Hondas. Creator of the height and throw adjustable shifter for cable shifted Hondas.

Back