juiCyyaccOrd's - CL-S 6SPD Swap

SykVSyx

Reaction score
This type of swap is alot of work, but I am hoping that mine will be a much more civilized process. Since alot of prep is going to get done before hand in order for it to just be a straight swap process.

I am also hopefully that it doesn't take a week to get done!

:skurred:

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
This type of swap is alot of work, but I am hoping that mine will be a much more civilized process. Since alot of prep is going to get done before hand in order for it to just be a straight swap process.

I am also hopefully that it doesn't take a week to get done!

:skurred:

Lols, this was supposed to be a 3 day process. 7 days later . . . lol

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Judy, what type of things had to get replaced that were unexpected?

Just trying to get an idea of some of the things that may come up for me as well.

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
Engine mounts, hoses, nuts and bolts were seized, however, my car had 2 other major problems (alignment issues and exhaust issues) =s
Had to lower the subframe too...so the hood can close.

Raul

Reaction score
i am curious about the cost for just the transmission swap....sometimes i dont wana let go of the Accord cuz of sentimental values:jae:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The engine mounts I would have changed anyway, so, that, I expect.

Nuts/bolts, were they rusted or just seized? I imagine there was probably calcium deposits that didn't help the cause, but our cars seem to have seized nut/bolt issues.

Even though my car has sat since 2010(still hurts me to think it has been that long), I plan to change out a few things that probably would have seized over time as well.

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
The j32 wont fit on stock mounts?
J32 fits on stock mounts.......mine were shot =( lol :sad:

i am curious about the cost for just the transmission swap....sometimes i dont wana let go of the Accord cuz of sentimental values:jae:
mine is sentimental, is why i don't wanna let it go...lol
which is why i revived her hehe even when i get a new car, this will stay in the garage hehe project car, can't picture anyone else driving her anyways, put alot into her and can't have anyone mess around w her lol

The engine mounts I would have changed anyway, so, that, I expect.

Nuts/bolts, were they rusted or just seized? I imagine there was probably calcium deposits that didn't help the cause, but our cars seem to have seized nut/bolt issues.

Even though my car has sat since 2010(still hurts me to think it has been that long), I plan to change out a few things that probably would have seized over time as well.
rusted, seized, whatever you can think of...i drove the car to the ground...everything has reached their time lol

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I was talking with my wife yesterday aout you and your cars, and she said you are an ideal man's woman!

I don't blame you for putting this kind of money in to the cars, seeing as how you will still get your money's worth out of them.

You drove your car in the winter, so yeah, I can see why there was seizure issues.

Back