Junkyard

geterdunn

Reaction score
junkyard.and for those of you who have done the 5speed does the car run smooth with no issues cause im really in need of a stickshift lol

geterdunn

Reaction score
5speed?

Everyone keeps telling to just sell my car and get another one with a 5speed in it because its so much work and so many things could go wrong. i mean i dont want to do all that but for those who have done it, how is it running and have you run into any problems because im still debating if i should.let me know what u guys think

maddmatt02

Reaction score
just to give you an idea, the local u pick it here charges 86 bucks for FWD trans (auto or manual)

maddmatt02

Reaction score
Re: 5speed?

if you don't have a bunch of mods done to your car that you cant quickly revert back to stock then maybe its worth it.

but if you will be able to sell your auto and get the same car w/ a 5 speed for even 500 more, maybe even higher, Id go that route.

you are going to be spending money on pedals, master cylinder, hard lines, slave, flywheel, clutch, mount, shifter, cables, etc...

plus all the wiring, and time...

I did it once to my civic, and it ran perfect, shifted good, no problems. if you think about it, the car was available with a manual from the factory and you are usign all factory parts/mounting points (for the most part) so why would there be any reliabiliity problems.

but I pulled both dashes and used even the whole body harness out of the donor car just so I wouldn't have any hacked wires at all, so I spent a good amount of time on my swap.

if I could have traded my car and about 700 bucks for a manual I would have just done it (well, I wouldn't have then, but I sure will next time)

geterdunn

Reaction score
Re: 5speed?

i put a lot of stuff in it already lol so i guess i should just do the swap but one guy told me that my emissions will not pass because of the computer or something like that

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Went to a junkyard to do because i am going to be doing a 5speed swap pretty soon cause i hate this automatic and i found an accord 02 tranny for $500. is it a good deal but i might just offer 400.what you guys think?

sounds like your dealing with an auto dismantler not a junk yard ... i think you can get a 5-speed for less from a place that specializes in selling used jdm engines and trannys

geterdunn

Reaction score
where have you found it for 200-275 cause i cant find any that much and ive looked for used jdm ones and there too much online

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dont go through some jdm dealer. Just use car-part.com

I work at a junkyard, we sell them.

Back