Just Bought 6gen Accord!! Help!

Gabe13

Reaction score
the suspension seems to be in good condition, the accident didn't affect much of it. An no doubt im looking into getting a whole other rad support, because it doesn't look repairable at all. What about the mileage, do you think its worth putting money into the car?

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
Ok, I just recently bought a 1998 Honda Accord Coupe, for a really a low price....i bought the car with about 200k miles on dash, the car is running i knoe that, but i wouldnt turn it on because of the crash. I have a new bumper, new fender, new hood to fix the car. Plus im gonna have to buy all the damaged parts.

So do you guys think i should SELL the car OR fix the car? What would be easiest.

Why would you buy a car & now assess the damages ????????????

Last edited:

ActNow

Reaction score
Impulsive buying is my guess. Its ok to impulsively buy a candy bar but never a car.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
You really have no idea the extent of the damages without a trained eye, I can guarentee you, you will need the framed pulled and straightened, I bet that car wouldnt even take an alignment if you tried, the caster is probably fuked on that side as well. The side rail is trashed so its likely the strut is cooked or bent on that side, you probably have up and lower control arm replcaements in the future as well.

Just because it wasnt touched in the accident, doesnt mean it didnt bend. The whole body of the car changes geometry when you involve even the slightest accident.

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I would stay away.

God, yes. After taking a second look at the pictures. I hope you didnt pay more than a few hundred dollars for the car.

The engine is tweaked, probably frame rail damage there...it also looks like your strut tower mount has been pushed way up. This car is probably NEVER going to take an alignment, and NEVER be safe to drive. Can you redneck the car to drive? Yes you can...I can see the frame costing around $2,000 just to be straightened and fixed then alignment half assed at some ghetto auction buyers shop.

ActNow

Reaction score
He already bought it guys. He wants us to tell him if its easier to fix it or just resell it.

Back