Just bought a new Accord and got a weird CEL today, please help

Z Driver

Reaction score
I just bought a 99 Accord EX coupe 4 cylinder last week and CEL came on today.

The CEL light shows 9 short blinks meaning P1381 9 Cylinder Position Sensor Intermittent Interruption
or P1382 9 Cylinder Position Sensor No Signal I took it to Autozone and the guy told me it is P1381.

I felt the engine has lost power during pickup under 2000 RPM especially in 4th or 5th gear. The speed hardly increases when I floor it. I know there is generally no power under 2000 RPM but it didn't feel that way when I first bought it. It felt like there is no fuel going to the engine.

The only thing I did after driving the car home was to seafoam it through PCV and put another can of seafoam in gas tank. I don't think seafoam can cause that.

I have searched but there is no info on what is causing it or how to fix it.
Please help. Thanks in advance.

Z Driver

Reaction score
that sucks man, i wish i could help you out.

but you got rid of your v6 that quick? a couple months and gone? haha
I had some trouble with the V6. I tried to reset the SRS light after installing passenger side airbag (it was blown when I bought it) but it would not reset.

Well that was another story. I bought this accord to replace my metro as my daily driver and always like the accord, but it threw the cel 2 days after I bought it (the same day I used seafoam). So I am now confused whether it is the seafoam or the dealer reset it before they sold it to me.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, that sucks. im sorry to hear about all these troubles your having, haha. ive never heard of that code/problem, but like i said i wish i could help you out more. hopefully its nothing too bad.

from the description, it sounds like it could just be a sensor, hopefully thats all.

dynasty

Reaction score
how many miles is on your car? i heard you shouldn't seafoam for cars that is over 100k miles. which most of our cars already passed 100k. not sure why though. good luck fixing it though. did you not go back to the dealership and ask if they are ****in' with you? also, don't tell them that you seafoam your car. they might make up stupid crap with you.

Back