Just got my mugen front lip but...

naoandlata

Reaction score
Well Fedex came and I got my mugen front lip and I did a mock fit to find that the lip doesn't fit! The front area of the bumper is covered but the sides don't reach. Is there anything I can do before I have to cut the side portions off making the lip not cover the whole bumper? :(

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a lip for the wrong year..98-00 lips won't fit a 01-02 bumper without modifications and vise versa

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
how much shorter is it? i know mugen lips have tht notorious prob

naoandlata

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a lip for the wrong year..98-00 lips won't fit a 01-02 bumper without modifications and vise versa

I do have a 2000 so it should fit. But I found that most lips are like this so I will get some help tonight and see if it fits:skurred:

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
I had the same problem but it was with my Type R lip. I tried putting it on and the sides actually broke off... I ended up cutting the ends and mounting it using metal brackets that I painted black. Also I brought down the black trim around the wheel well to cover the very ends where it attaches but I'm not sure if the trim comes on all accords or if the guy I bought it from put it on. Anyways it looks pretty good so if it doesn't fit you can try doing that and maybe I can take some pics of how it looks incase you don't find a better method to put it on.

jccg5

Reaction score
lol lucky me..my lip fit perfectly hahaah!!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Mine didn't fit that well at all. I have an 02 with a lip made for a 01-02. Same thing...the middle fit fine, sides didn't. I just stretched it by hand to fit. Well, i sanded the the rear edges down as well but it didn't help at all.

Back