just ordered my new headunit

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i like my install kit. its such a perfect place for my epicenter remote...right below the volume knob.

that premier is the best looking HU ive seen in a long time. id be tempted to pick one up but id rather upgrade to a w6 and 500/1, cause ive already got a premier :D good find ryan. premier OWNS!!1! lol

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ryon527 said:
not too many of them around anymore. do you need a cassette player or something? thats the only reason I could think of you needing one. if your concerned about the looks of the install kit with a single DIN you should get the oem pocket thats in the Lx I think. I got my pocket the second time off of ebay with a cassette player and the brackets for like 16 bucks shipped. double dins I can think of are by jvc and pioneer.

clarion makes one too, its not so "clean" looking tho, and i think it costs a couple bucks, haha.

Hush

Reaction score
why where you comparing the CD5000 the new CD7000 is out, if you compat a new 06 model to a 05 model it isn't far, the new ecplise CD7000 has alot of new stuff in it and its good. I love how clear my sound is from my CD5000, i wish i waited and got the CD7000 cause even the lowest model has a better EQ then mine. i want banding tunning.

wg2k7

Reaction score
i wanted a 2 din because my stock radio is a 2 din and i like the look of it

ryon527

Reaction score
Hush said:
why where you comparing the CD5000 the new CD7000 is out, if you compat a new 06 model to a 05 model it isn't far, the new ecplise CD7000 has alot of new stuff in it and its good. I love how clear my sound is from my CD5000, i wish i waited and got the CD7000 cause even the lowest model has a better EQ then mine. i want banding tunning.

I think those are both 06 models. The cd7000 is just the model up from the cd5000. I still like the cd5000 especially because of the 8volt pre outs. The thing that kept me from getting that one is its only 14 watts rms x 4 compared to 22 or 23watts rms that the pioneer one is. I don't want to have 2 amps in my car so the speakers are going to be powered off of the headunit. I actually have components powered by a amp in my car right now and I'm not blown away like I thought I would be. So i'm putting my alpine amp back in with the infinity sub.

ryon527

Reaction score
here's a pic
905778_43_full.jpg

It's really nice, alot better than my panasonic or eclipse headunits. There's so many adjustments, its crazy. I haven't really messed around with all of the controls yet.

ryon527

Reaction score
those knobs don't fit the 01's though. There's something differerent with the tabs or something.

Back