FS: K24A1 short block

silverbullet99

Reaction score
K24A1 out of a CRV with about 120K miles. kind of bare, what you see is what you get. I was planning on buying a 7thgen and had set this aside just to have as a project motor. unfortunately I've had a few setbacks recently, gotten myself into some debt, and now there is no way in hell I will be able to buy a 7thgen anytime within the next year or two. unless I sell both of my 6thgen's, which I could never do because I love them way too much lol.

the only negative part about the motor is that it had been stored in my friends barn for a few months and accumulated a little bit of rust. cylinders 2 and 4 are the worst. will need honing and new rings. worst case scenario will need a bore and new pistons.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm not looking for much, just need it gone. make me an offer. if the offer is right, i'll deliver it for free (100 miles from 03303). this might not be the right place to sell a k24. I may part it out if no one is interested.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Rust is normal on an open engine, and it does not require rehoning or rebuilding. All you need to do is coat the cylinder walls with a lot of automatic transmission fluid and the rust will never build up.

silverbullet99

Reaction score
NO offers??? DAMN. I knew this was the wrong place. **** it. its going in the scrap metal dumpster.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
if it was a k20 i would ask for the pistons.....but other than that, i will pass

silverbullet99

Reaction score
yeah i saw what you wrote dude. are you just saying the rust won't build up? maybe if i dump some atf in there and spin the crank a few times it'll remove the rust?

Back