KA4AT/KL4AT emissions equipment differences?

JeRM82

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the actual differences in emissions equipment is between the California cars and the 49 state legal cars? I have a 1998 V6 coupe that I wanted to see what I would have to change in order to register it in Cali. Is it just different cats and cross over pipe?

james'99

Reaction score
The car should be registerable in Cali as it is I believe. There was not a J30 ULEV in our years. However, the LEV vehicles are CARB compliant so therefore it leads me to believe that it should still be okay in California... I could be wrong. However, the differences on the 4 cylinder models were a more restrictive intake and exhaust manifold as well as the head, and a more restrictive exhaust through and through.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Makes sense. Only things you'd need to worry about would be any CEL's/dummy lights and any mods like intake, etc.

JeRM82

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I figured it was a 4cyl thing because I havent seen any different smog equipment on V6 car pics that I have seen. Thanks guys....just replacing a TON of stuff on this Accord so I can give it over to my dad as a reliable daily driver.

Last edited:
Back