Keyless Entry/Lock Question

Mikey

Reaction score
2001 OEM system.

The key fob.

When the car is locked and I hit the unlock button ONCE, it just unlocks the driver's door. I have to hit it a second time to unlock the passenger door. However I've seen other 6Gs that when you hit the unlock button once, it unlocks BOTH doors.

Anyone else notice this or come across this issue? Is it possible to switch between the two? Can I do a series of button presses/key turns to change it?

And does any of the keyless entry stuff have to do with the doors automatically locking above 10mph? Was that a feature on our cars?

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
hold the unlock button. it will unlock all the doors. frist the drivers then the rest

Mikey

Reaction score
hold the unlock button. it will unlock all the doors. frist the drivers then the rest
Doesnt work. I just held the unlock button for like 6 seconds and the driver door was the only one that unlocked. I still had to hit the unlock button a second time to unlock the other side.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
My doors don’t lock above 10mph. And I am pretty sure the lock function you have now is the way it’s suppose to be, that’s how mine is.

Btw nearly every thread you make is about OEM stuff. Haha You are probably the most conservative Honda owner I know, lol. ;)

Mikey

Reaction score
I knew the motion-lock thing wasnt an OEM thing and I knew no one would have it. I was just curious if it was something the newer Hondas have and if it can applied to ours.

And Im not sure what to say Chris. Lol. Thanks? Lol. I try to be as Function > Form as possible. It just makes sense to me. My SRI, exhaust or LEDs are probably the most aftermarket things on my car, lol. I dont know how to explain it or what to say. Im not a huge fan of aftermarket stuff and "pimpin" my ride.

Other than some suspension and maybe an engine/tranny swap, this car is perfect, IMO.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It was a compliment my friend. :) And I agree with your last sentence, with the addition of heated seats.

Gotta Be Marc

Reaction score
Mine,
I have to press unlock once, for my door, twice for all doors.

There's no auto lock at 10mph, and no holding down unlock to open all doors.

Back