kinda totalled my s4

jcanni

Reaction score
i may have totalled my s4 tonight. it was in pretty bad shape. i would be astonished if it was not totalled. hitting a tree = bad. im fine not a mark on me. but i was wondering from your guys previous experiences how close it the kbb to what the insurance company will give me?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
wow dude, just reading this sucks. i cant imagine how you feel about it. such a sweet car. any pictures of the damage? sorry i cant help with your question, ive never totaled a car or anything, and hopefully never will. its good that youre ok man, thats what really matters.

Jeffro

Reaction score
They've always been pretty cool about it from my experiences with it (my wife = 4 cars and her sister = 2 cars)... From what I remember, it was just about what kbb said... Here's an example of my buddy's 2001 Stratus when he totalled it:

05-24-03b.jpg

05-24-03a.jpg

And, in case you're wandering, he moved this rock:

05-24-03m.jpg

Off this culvert, as shown:

05-24-03l.jpg

And if you can tell, his car had just under 28,000 miles:

05-24-03f.jpg

I think he got 14-17k for it when it was totalled, and the blue book for excellent was 14k. This was 3 or 4 years ago, so I don't remember exactly, but I think my numbers are pretty close...

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
it will be close to the KBB price.... but they also look at the real market value (looking at dealer prices)... at least tht's wat they did when my integra was totaled...

sad to hear bt tht man.. esp after u chipped it and stuff... hope it'll be good news :)

theaccordian

Reaction score
important thing is your okay despite totaling your car, imma miss it, audis arent as played as other euro's bimmers, volkswagens and whatnot.

any ideas on what your next cars gonna be?

6THGEN_AI4

Woww man thanks god you are ok, it sucks hear you car is F*** ^ anyways I hope everything work uot for ya. Wish ya Luck

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i think they usually give you pretty close to the kbb retail value. at least youre ok, thats the main point :)

jeffro: is your wife even eligible for insurance? my roommate has hit 4 deer (never totalling a vehicle) and was dropped by allstate.

Jeffro

Reaction score
ryan s said:
i think they usually give you pretty close to the kbb retail value. at least youre ok, thats the main point :)

jeffro: is your wife even eligible for insurance? my roommate has hit 4 deer (never totalling a vehicle) and was dropped by allstate.

Ya... It's been over three years this month now (knock on wood, she's driving my car today!) so we're ok... The insurance we used to have we dropped just before they got a little fiesty with us (my wife hit a semi, and damage was beginning to look like it was going to exceed our coverage)... Now we have Progressive, and they've been real good to us :thumbsup:

And by the way jcanni... It is a good thing you're ok, if I didn't mention it before. I've seen a lot of bad ones in my day with my job, so be sure to thank your lucky stars!

P.S. Seatbelts are the greatest invention to the automobile :thumbsup:

Browntown

Reaction score
First off... good to hear that you're okay! As far as what your insurance will give you I think it depends on your insurance company. Any decent company will give you KBB value on it.

Back