Knocking coming from engine bay

JaredLeduck

Reaction score
Just figured i would come back with an update. I checked all of the mounts, and all of my suspension components and everything was fine. I checke my oil and it was about 5mm away from being completly off the stick. I added oil and drove it for about 30 miles so far and i havent heard a thing. I feel like an idiot for not checking it in the first place. It usually burns about a quart every 5,000 miles, and in the last 5,000 I've added almost two quarts. I'm changing my valve cover gasket Monday, I've been getting a lot of blow by out of it, and i stripped one of the valve cover bolts trying to take it off. I don't see any other leaks really so it must be burning it. A compression and wet test will be next after the gasket.

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
Just figured i would come back with an update. I checked all of the mounts, and all of my suspension components and everything was fine. I checke my oil and it was about 5mm away from being completly off the stick. I added oil and drove it for about 30 miles so far and i havent heard a thing. I feel like an idiot for not checking it in the first place. It usually burns about a quart every 5,000 miles, and in the last 5,000 I've added almost two quarts. I'm changing my valve cover gasket Monday, I've been getting a lot of blow by out of it, and i stripped one of the valve cover bolts trying to take it off. I don't see any other leaks really so it must be burning it. A compression and wet test will be next after the gasket.

I have awesome compression- I get pressure out of the valve cover and burn oil- I'm currently trying to fix via steam cleaning with a water methonal injection prior to each oil change- I've went from a quart of oil every few hundred miles to one in about 1k... I'm thinking next oil change I might try auto rx for the hell of it-

I burn mostly under heavy acceleration- I've passed a friend on it all the way to redline in 3rd and he saw smoke and could smell it (catless)

JaredLeduck

Reaction score
Water methanol injection? Is this something i could find a thread on or should i try youtube? Ive heard some people talk about it before but i have never really looked into it

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
Water methanol injection? Is this something i could find a thread on or should i try youtube? Ive heard some people talk about it before but i have never really looked into it

I suspected carbon build up causing the oil control ring to stick in the motor I swapped in- without tearing down the motor I have no way of confirming... I still have the original block if this fails and I need to build a motor.

Since this seems to be a common theme for these motors I'm attempting to find a fix for others.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48466

Back