ksport

DonJohnson

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has ksport lowering springs and what you guys think of them. I just put them on and like them a lot and I'm looking to see what struts you guys used too.

DonJohnson

Reaction score
I'm using kyb g2's. I wasn't trying to pay $800 for coilovers right now that's why I got these.
Plus this is my dd I still want it to be comfortable just with better handling. I'm building another car that's going to be my track car.

Back on topic, I was wondering if anyone else had them on here, I did a search and didn't find anything. Mainly I'm looking for what people have noticed between the supposed progressive spring rate that the ksports have and the non progressive rates of other springs.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
a few people have had the ksport drop springs, they definitely give a nice drop for just a spring...not sure how well the kyb gr2 oem replacements will do with that much drop though...​

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
a few people have had the ksport drop springs, they definitely give a nice drop for just a spring...not sure how well the kyb gr2 oem replacements will do with that much drop though...​

Not that great my friend had it on his AV6 so OP you best bet are to get full coilovers or illuminas (if thats spelled right) but look in the suspension product review to help with your choice

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
^+1
kyb does not recomend anything lower than 1.5 in.... but by freinds 94 hatch has kybs with skunk2 coilovers on a 2.5 in drop... goin strong for past year and a half

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Not that great my friend had it on his AV6 so OP you best bet are to get full coilovers or illuminas (if thats spelled right) but look in the suspension product review to help with your choice

haha yeahh...my friend had quite a few of them on his av6 coupe before he finally decided against buying the cheapest **** he could find.

you get what you pay for with suspension. id at least get some tokico hp's/blue's...if you want the adjustable damper, then illuminas are good for that...i had them on my old 6g and they were great.​

Last edited:
Back