Leak from headers

SOCalCG5

Reaction score
Ok so this has been my 2nd problem with the megan headers. Its always been a gasket issue and so the shop i took it to last used the gasket maker and was fine for quite a while but now it sounds horrible. Any solutions to what i should use or where can i get brand new megan gaskets? my friend was telling me to make my own out of some material to cut it out. Any advice?

bagoon316

Reaction score
i am pretty positive this uses the same config as older headers.

i used this gasket when i combined two diff brands, header/downpipe together on my cb7. worked like a charm. its a thick gasket. i also dabbed a lil bit of copper seal or something as well.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=27180&dds=1

Hedman part # 27180

hope thats the gasket youre looking for, i am assuming it is. good luck.

jwong512

Reaction score
From what I've read, Megan header gaskets have a tendency to leak. Not only that, but I heard the header itself will crack and leak over time from wear and tear compared to other competitors. The best ones I've noticed that are made for our cars would be the DC Sport Ceramic Coated header. As long as you don't bottom out your car, those header will almost never crack under normal driving situations.

NGP_UA5

Reaction score
The flanges are usually warped and that's why they leak, and overtime the gasket gets blown out making it get noticeably loud.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
OP you say 'headers' but do you actually mean 'header'? Are you I4 or V6? I'm guessing you can even use a stock Honda gasket and like Bagoon said - use some copper sealant on it. Should be fine unless the flange is way warped.

Back