Leaking Strut ...

whitegourd

Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace a shock under warranty before? If so, how did you go about it? I lifted the rear end today and noticed that my rear wheel well was wet/damp. Turns out that I have a leaking strut (KYB AGX) and only had it for about 2 months since I installed it new.

Do they have the option to send one out to you right away so you can change it out and give them back the defective one? Or do you have to send in your defective one first before they sent you a new replacement one? My concern is the downtime of my ride. I'll give KYB a call on Monday to see what my options are but also am wondering if anyone here had the same experience ... ?

tnguyen600

Reaction score
Unless they have great customer service, you'll probably have to send in the defective one first. I've never delt or used KYB so if they have authorized dealers, maybe you can bring your car to them and have them look to verify. If they can confirm it's leaking, they'll give you another one?

It's not a gas filled strut?

whitegourd

Reaction score
Just got off the phone w/ the retailer to verify. Have to send it in so they can verify if it is covered under the limited lifetime warranty. Good thing I didn't trash my stock shocks. :cool:

whitegourd

Reaction score
Tomorrow morning I'm going to swap the leaking shock out w/ the stock one in temporarily (until I get it back from warranty).

Question: Should I set the right rear shock to the softest setting rather than keeping it at the stiffest setting? I don't know if it'll make a different. Would this put too much strain on the right rear shock while driving over speed bumps, etc? I just don't want the right shock to get messed up while the left one is getting replaced.

Back