Leaky Sedan Trunk?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
anyone else ever had a leaky trunk on there sedans? mines leaking a little bit these days i think, cuz my backpack i keep in there is always wet and i always see a wet spot on my trunk flooring thing. if anyons ever had this, how did you fix it? what was it that was allowing the leaking? im kinda getting sick of my skating sh!t being soaked every saturday night when i go to skate, haha. but yea, its on the passenger sied of my trunk. im thinking it might be the weather striping? idk, but my trunk is getting water in it now when it shouldnt. thanks in advance.

Neight

Reaction score
mine leaks too, i think it might have to do with the lid, you can test this.
you need 2 ppl. fold your back seat, and have someone go in your trunk with a flash light, have the second person soak the trunk with a hose. you might be able to find a leak.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, thats what i was thinking of doing. i never had this problem before, then i started to wash my car once a week over this summer. since its gotten colder and ****tier out, i havent been washing it regularly. but when i used to wash it, i would have the water on high pressure and i would squirt it down between the crack to get all the soap out, you guys think this may have caused it to get a leak?

jonblizz

Reaction score
yeah i have the same problem i thouht i was tripping but it pretty much happens when it rains and not only that i checked my spare tire location and found a lil rust down there so i pulled everything out and cleaned it out as much as i could ,i got a piece of plwood an wrapped it with some shipping plastic and placed it obver the openning as a short term solution untill i figure out the problem. i was thinking maybr it happens b/c of my tail lights , i know that it wasnt happening b4 i changed out my stock ones to my tyc elegante 's. i cant fromnt tho its been a lil to cold for me to be out there messing with anything on my whip

okasu

Reaction score
Water seaps through my red/ clears... I removed some silicon from the holes to make them fit in perfect and now I have that damn problem ... I don't have to worry if my trunk is closed but when that lid goes up... water starts leaking...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
okasu said:
Water seaps through my red/ clears... I removed some silicon from the holes to make them fit in perfect and now I have that damn problem ... I don't have to worry if my trunk is closed but when that lid goes up... water starts leaking...

just go buy a tube of silicon and put a small layer of stuff where the stuff you ripped off was, then youll be fine. that happened on my stockers.

speaking of tail lights, i got my altezzas today and i have them all on and painted now :D.......ill take some pics of my dirty-as5 car tomorrow, haha.

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i had a leak that i thought was coming from a seam on the inside of the trunk. i knew it wasnt the weaterstripping. then i looked up in the corner of the trunk (near the rear windshield) and saw that the paint was all cracked. i guess it was cracked all the way through and was running down and hitting the seam, causing it to fall off. i used some silicone sealant, but it was wet that day, and i didnt have time to let it set because i had to drive back to school to get ready for work.

heres what the fix looks like. i did this on both sides. it hasnt really rained since i fixed it, and the snow hasnt melted and leaked in soooo...
DSC02080.jpg

man i need to wash my car

Back