LED 3rd brake

DabbiFresh

Reaction score
I did a search for this and didnt really see anything. But has anyone ever tried or thought about replacing the third brake light in the rear windshield with and LED strip? or just thoughts on the idea

and one other thing. I just replaced the bulbs in the other brake lights with LED's and now the brake lamp indicator is on. all the lights work. just wondering if i have to go back and install resistors on every light for that to go away. couldnt really find a solid answer in searching.

any input appreciated

metrick1235

Reaction score
Yes i have seen it done.. i can be done very well if time is taken... and as far as your rear taillights.. The bulbs take less power..so the car thinks that a bulb is blown.. you have to do the same thing as the LED turn signals if im not mistaken.. You can either get the LED module or wire in one...

DabbiFresh

Reaction score
mk i knew about the turn signals for the hyperblink. i just wasnt sure if there was another was around it, rather than putting resistors on all four lights back there plus the two turns.

Ofnir107

Reaction score
If he's still building them, you should ask Roger (Aznfunkyflip) to build you one.

DSC00183.jpg

For the hyperblinking turn signals, you can replace your flasher relay with one that is designed for LEDs. I bought this one from SuperbrightLEDs for my front signals and it works fine (just match the pictures up to the your OEM flasher).

As for LED bulbs in the tails, I'm pretty sure you need to wire up the load resistors to eliminate the "bulb out" warning.

DabbiFresh

Reaction score
yep thats exactly what i was thinking. you still making them aznfunkyflip? and yes i also knew about those flash units ordered one a few days back. guess i gotta get some resistors now. haha

DabbiFresh

Reaction score
so i got my flasher. and plugged it up and turned on the signals and the fuse blew. it was the only flasher with the same pinout. something else wrong here. or did i possibly get the wrong flasher or do i need to up the fuse. i know thats not generally what you want to do but..

Last edited:
Back