Led help

mello_jdm

Reaction score
Hey guys. I been trying to change all my interior bulbs for LEDS. in the search I have found all the sizes for each bulb size. My problem is with the led bulb. I seen some people name the LED neo wedge. Specifically for speedometer gauge. I like to know if all led come as NEO WEDGE or is neo wedge a different type of bulb? Below I paste two different LED THE NEO WEDGE AND A REGULAR LED.

Neo Wedge LED
http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=n...m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xneo+wedge+t10+green+led

Regular LED
http://m.ebay.com/itm/121081743660?nav=SEARCH

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
The 194 (Gauge backlights) and 74(ODO and other gauge lights) bulbs you can get the regular LEDs and reuse the OEM "wedge/sockets" by removing the incandescent bulb from the wedge holder and replacing it with the LEDs. The tiny ones like in the PRND321 (behind the gauges) and Clock(3mm Neowedge)/thermostat(4mm and 5mm Neowedge) are the ones you want to get WITH the wedge already built in.

Hope this helps, btw the first Ebay link is broken, it just goes to ebay home page for me. Personally I would avoid Ebay and go with precision LEDs or Superbright LEDs instead.

Edit: Make sure you test the LEDs before you reinstall the gauges. They are directional, if any of them don't light up you will need to remove the bulb from the wedge and flip it around. Also, a couple of the connections on the gauges had to be cleaned up to make a better connection, I had some flickering and dimming issues.

Last edited:

CokeZero

Reaction score
The 194 (Gauge backlights) and 74(ODO and other gauge lights) bulbs you can get the regular LEDs and reuse the OEM "wedge/sockets" by removing the incandescent bulb from the wedge holder and replacing it with the LEDs. The tiny ones like in the PRND321 (behind the gauges) and Clock(3mm Neowedge)/thermostat(4mm and 5mm Neowedge) are the ones you want to get WITH the wedge already built in.

Hope this helps, btw the first Ebay link is broken, it just goes to ebay home page for me. Personally I would avoid Ebay and go with precision LEDs or Superbright LEDs instead.

Edit: Make sure you test the LEDs before you reinstall the gauges. They are directional, if any of them don't light up you will need to remove the bulb from the wedge and flip it around. Also, a couple of the connections on the gauges had to be cleaned up to make a better connection, I had some flickering and dimming issues.

Great info!

Regular led = used in a socket
Neo Wedge = comes "built in" to the socket already.

Back