LED in Keyhole HELP

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
i'm trying to replace the led in the keyhole, i got to the chip that has the led but i just can't seem to unplug the darn thing so i can do the soldering in the house. anyone here unplugged it before? if so, wats the trick?? i don't wanna break it. :(

I4 CG5

Reaction score
The led is soldered onto the circuit board. You will have to use de-soldering braid to get it off. Here are some instructions fro ledautomotive.com Click

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
haha yea i got that part, but the thing is, it's pretty hard to solder it in the car, i was just wondering if the lil chip could be disconnected somehow so i can work on it in the house. thanks though!

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
yeah bro, I've done it. could you post a pic though? I can't remember off the top of my head exactly what the trick was, because I seem to remember having a little trouble getting the circuit board out too. i'll try to help u though if you're still stuck.

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
haha i'm still stuck on this part, here's the picture.

KeyholeLED.jpg

that black part where the wires are connected to would looks like it'll just unplug...but it doesn't! haha i cracked a tiny piece though....:(

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
errrrr, why don't i remember?

what about right where it meets the circuit board? either that or further towards the steering column... one or the other!! I cant really pull mine apart to help you right now.

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
haha it's alright man, i actually figured it out after spending hours messing with it, i really appreciate it though! =]

Back