LEDs stay on.

xpieceofcralpx

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure other drivers have this problem, but couldnt find a thread with a similar title as this one..

i have leds on my dome light, but upgraded my alarm and now the dome light stays dimly lit while the doors are shut. i've had the leds on the alarm system before my new one and i didnt have this problem.. is it the LED plate itself or is there a way to mod the dome light housing so it won't stay lit.. thanks for any input

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I'm almost 100% sure you grounded something you weren't supposed to. recheck your wiring.

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
nope this is pretty common with dome lights and LED. Weirdest thing is that its intermittent. I wouldn't really worry about it since it won't drain your battery. If it concerns you then you can just put your dome light to off and then just use it manually instead of having them come on when the door opens.

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
well yeah the resistor will work but then should also reduce output when the LED's are on. I say just learn to live with it, its really not a huge deal

xpieceofcralpx

Reaction score
i've left it on.. i'm just worrying how long the life of the leds are now that it's always on? for those who have the same problem, how long has it been?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
You'll be fine Ralph. My sisters Integra has the red led that stays on by her e brake. It's been a good 2 years now.

Back