Let's talk audio...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My factory radio sucks, balls. It's already been fixed once because the cd player wouldn't eject CD's. Been noticing lately now that the radio stations are coming in fuzzier and with more static.

So...upgrade time!

I've never gone full out on an audio setup before so I'm going to attempt to this time.

Front speakers - Infinity Reference 6032si

Rear speakers - Infinity Kappa 42.9i

Amp - Pioneer DEH-4400HD

Here's where I'm having trouble - Figuring out which HU and screen I can use that will work with each other. Idea was to put a single DIN HU where the clock is in the dash and a touch screen where the double DIN factory radio was.

lashlee

Reaction score
You've got some issues if you go with a separate H/U and screen. Most of the newer single din radios dont have an output to send information to a separate screen and they won't interface info back and forth. I would look into just getting a DD that you like and keep it simple. Sony used to offer a graphics generator that would display radio info on a screen but it was only as a display.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
^i was just gonna say, save yourself the hassle and go with a DD

you should throw in a 10" sub for a little extra thump, nothing crazy, just to even out the sound a bit

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no space for a sub. Between occasional AutoX and all my baseball/softball equipment, it takes up all my trunk space.

Damn, really wanted a seperate screen....oh well. Back to searching

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
you could get a sub (forgot model and stuff) that goes under one of your front seats. just pumps out a little extra bass

kn0x47

Reaction score
why put a higher end speaker in the rear than in the front? plus infinity speakers have no low end you would need a sub with those. I have MB Quarts and love em. the most low end from other speakers i've tried and they're very clear.

the oem headunit and speakers in these cars suck balls

einworb35

Reaction score
agree with people here. Double Din 7" head unit, and if you can at the very minimum 10"sub. will make a world of difference.

kn0x47 also has a good point. why get kappas for the rear? Not sure what your budget is on your system, but put the extra money in your front speakers and get components. trust us in this.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm ok with the components but I literally can't do a sub. I just don't have the room for it and I'm not sticking one under the seat(s).

schmiddr2

Reaction score
If you want a little more bass, then adding an amp and sealing your doors will help. And before you say, I have no room for an amp:

r4004d.jpg

Back