Let's talk side mirrors

FNCONE

Reaction score
Also the RSX type s is heated I believe iirc. Might be easier? At the time there was non in the junk yard so I used the CL. If the RSX heated fits on the JDM PF then even easier to accomplish. :)

**Edit**
04 and up are heated. Base, leather or Type-S.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Honda 599 are bolt-on!

1601292_10100682764457069_5603773181576950328_n.jpg

I just had to drill a couple holes :D :shakehead:

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I have gotten questions about my power foldings. Just for the record mine are power folding and heated. I was looking for power folding mirrors, I tried the euro-r ones but didn't want to much modding. The euro R are smaller and look sportier but the angle was way off. (Right hand drive). So me being as anal and OCD as I'am I kept looking. I took my brothers old CD5 mirrors tried swapping motors,.... no go. Then I made a list of all cars on ebay with PFM (honda) and started to compare. The ****ing DC5 integra aka rsx mirror housing is the sameee! Just the base changes. So guys we can have PFM and heated. For the PFM DC5 and use the USDM Base. (Slight mod needed for the mirror to screw right to sail) Then at my junk yard I noticed the CL 01 has our shape glass and it's HEATED. This was the tricky part I removed the glass from the thin black frame and added it to the RSX thin frame. Take your time and you won't shatter it. Little heat helps remove it from the frame. Then I wired it up according to many online DIYs for the mirror PF relay. For the heated mirror just added it to the rear heated window circuit.
SORRY to everyone that asked and I never replied in a timely manner.
I'll get some pics tonight and post them. (I take pictures of everything done to my car)

:bowdown:

FNCONE

Reaction score
Honda 599 are bolt-on!

1601292_10100682764457069_5603773181576950328_n.jpg

I just had to drill a couple holes :D :shakehead:

Unique! Is that a rally thing? Or personal preference for your car?

Lol Ryder OCD helps sometimes. My brother thinks I'm nuts, we both did DRL on our accords. He wired it and threw the mess of wires next to his battery,..... ME on the other hand I loomed it and taped it to look OEM. You will never tell there is another circuit or the system was spliced. Some people really think Iam.... :huh: lol

305S0L

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I have gotten questions about my power foldings. Just for the record mine are power folding and heated. I was looking for power folding mirrors, I tried the euro-r ones but didn't want to much modding. The euro R are smaller and look sportier but the angle was way off. (Right hand drive). So me being as anal and OCD as I'am I kept looking. I took my brothers old CD5 mirrors tried swapping motors,.... no go. Then I made a list of all cars on ebay with PFM (honda) and started to compare. The ****ing DC5 integra aka rsx mirror housing is the sameee! Just the base changes. So guys we can have PFM and heated. For the PFM DC5 and use the USDM Base. (Slight mod needed for the mirror to screw right to sail) Then at my junk yard I noticed the CL 01 has our shape glass and it's HEATED. This was the tricky part I removed the glass from the thin black frame and added it to the RSX thin frame. Take your time and you won't shatter it. Little heat helps remove it from the frame. Then I wired it up according to many online DIYs for the mirror PF relay. For the heated mirror just added it to the rear heated window circuit.

SORRY to everyone that asked and I never replied in a timely manner.

I'll get some pics tonight and post them. (I take pictures of everything done to my car)

14741b1f8c4125fc17c43426bda26b06.jpg

Thats awesome!! Must see pics or vids!!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I wanted to show respect to 'antique' Honda's.

I just had some spare parts :)

They work well though!

FNCONE

Reaction score
14741b1f8c4125fc17c43426bda26b06.jpg

Thats awesome!! Must see pics or vids!!

Thanks and will post. I have an old video (did this a whileee back I'll take a new video also)

I wanted to show respect to 'antique' Honda's.

I just had some spare parts :)

They work well though!

Ok I see, Definetly unique. When I was a kid I remember my grandpa had a classic car. It had it just like that on the fender but iirc not on the drivers side. I don't remember what car it was, I was a kid. (Unless it was just missing or broken lol)

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I think they do that on d/s, no p/s. I had a few 4G Civics that only had D/S on the door from the factory.

FNCONE

Reaction score
I think they do that on d/s, no p/s. I had a few 4G Civics that only had D/S on the door from the factory.

Could be you know more than I do, I do remember it was one side Only.

Back