License plate holder for lowered cars

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as I love being low, I hate scraping, and having to repaint my lower lip. Therefore, I've been thinking of killing two birds with one stone, and relocating my front license plate, and protecting the lower lip.

Check out this license plate mount

$(KGrHqNHJCsE9!,,im!UBPUPl3L!)w~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJB!E9!j13fL9BPUPmJGhIQ~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqNHJBME9!HCynGPBPUPmgLmsQ~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJE!E88YlIO89BPUPmy,cfg~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJDkE9BKrkJbPBPUPnG2zE!~~60_12.JPG

This way, whenever you scrape the front bumper/lip, you'd be hitting the mounting bar first. Interested, if anybody has tried something like this.

Here's a very quick photoshop preview on my car from last summer about 5/8" higher than she's sitting now.

13+-+24343.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That might help if hitting a bump etc straight on, but not when driving over the obstacle at an angle, which is usually more effective in minimizing scraping. From what I've seen, the ez lip or garage door molding prevents the most damage since it provides protection along the entire length of the lip.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
That might help if hitting a bump etc straight on, but not when driving over the obstacle at an angle, which is usually more effective in minimizing scraping. From what I've seen, the ez lip or garage door molding prevents the most damage since it provides protection along the entire length of the lip.

I agree with him on this :beer: Your sides hang lower and take more hits than your dead center as your car shifts side to side with cornering.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree with him on this :beer: Your sides hang lower and take more hits than your dead center as your car shifts side to side with cornering.

Agree with both of you guys, plus, not too crazy about the appearance. Thanks for thinking this through with me.

Back